- About the Department
- Vision & Mission of the Dept
- Program Educational Objectives
- Program Outcomes
- Head of the Department
- Faculty members
- Board of Studies
- Program Assessment Committee
- Industry-Institution Interaction
- Professional Chapters
- Contact us
About the Department
- Department was established in the year 2004
- It has grown significantly by spreading academic activities in offering Programs at under raduate level as well as post graduate level with the support of Principal, Directors and Management.
- The department admits 240 students for under graduate level and 42 for the post graduate level.
- Department has motivated and well qualified faculty including 3 professors providing good academic insights.
- Department has excellent lab facilities including CAD/CAM Lab with CNC Machines to provide
knowledge on practical applications through various experiments.
- Department provides separate library facility.
- The Department organizes the “Mechanical Engineering Association” with the name
“MECHARRIORS” with an objective to impart the technical and soft skills and to develop the leadership qualities among the students of Mechanical Engineering.
- The Association provides the forum to motivate the students for participating in various activities like Paper Presentation, Technical Quiz, Group discussions etc.
- Industrial visits are arranged for students to expose them towards the outside industrial environment
|Mechanical Engineering||B.Tech. (ME)||4 Years||240|
|CAD/CAM||M.Tech. (CAD/CAM)||2 Years||18|
|Machine Design||M.Tech (MD)||2 years||24|
Vision & Mission of the Dept
To be recognized as a center of excellence in providing mechanical engineering education of international standard leading to well-qualified engineers who are innovative, immediate contributors to their profession and successful in advanced studies and employable globally.
To educate, prepare, and mentor students to excel as professionals and to grow throughout their careers in the field of Mechanical Engineering. This is accomplished by:
- Providing the facilities and environment conducive to a high quality education, well grounding the students in the fundamental principles of Mechanical Engineering and preparing them for diverse careers
- Engaging in academic activities, which strengthen the student’s regional, national, and international reputation.
Program Educational Objectives(PEO)
To provide students thorough understanding of basic sciences, Mathematics and in the field of Mechanical Engineering, to demonstrate their ability both in theory and practicals, which help to build up their careers and to impart the knowledge in the interdisciplinary areas.
To encourage students to acquire and analyze in depth and real time knowledge of contemporary industrial practices, and to carry their projects with Institution-Industry Collaboration. To provide platform for lifelong learning and inculcate the culture of R & D.
To facilitate the learning of software technology, modeling and analysis techniques to solve the Mechanical Engineering problems and to acquire knowledge of various production practices essential for Mechanical Design to innovate new products and become entrepreneurs through which they can demonstrate their environmental, social and ethical responsibilities.
To encourage students to develop team work, leadership and communication skills by participating in group discussions and Conferences/ Symposia so as to make learning process more interesting and informative.
The student shall be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
The student shall be able to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
The student shall be able to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
The student shall be able to function on multidisciplinary teams
|The student shall be able to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems|
|The student shall be able to understand the professional and ethical responsibility.|
|The student shall be able to communicate effectively.|
|The student shall understand the Broad education which is necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.|
|The student shall be able to Recognize the need for, and able to engage in life-long learning.|
|The student shall have the Knowledge of contemporary issues.|
|The student shall be able to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.|
Head of the Department
Dr. R. VENKAT REDDY is an eminent Professor and Head of the Department. He has graduated in B.E from Marathwada University, M.S, did his M.Tech (Production Engineering) from JNTUH. He awarded Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from Osmania University, Hyderabad. He has a wide exposure in industry for 7 years and has an experience of 18 years in teaching, published more than 20 papers in international and national journals and conferences. He is one of the most dynamic and inspiring faculties in the department.
He encourages students to participate many academic and extracurricular activities. He has guided more than 50 students in doing project under UG and PG level and presently guiding one Ph.D scholar under JNTUH. He has attended and organized various conferences and workshops and also given more than 25 guest lecturers in various Engineering colleges. He is an editor in BEIESP, international journal. He is also a life member of ISTE, IIPE, Red Cross society and other societies. He is an expertise in establishing of laboratories. His major research areas are metal forming.
Message from HOD
The Engineering graduates with good fundamentals have tremendous employment opportunities in core companies like BHEL, HAL, BDL VSP, ONGC, Mahindra& Mahindra etc., and Mechanical Engineering related software companies like Tech Mahindra, Cyient etc. Besides jobs the students from the institute are getting higher education all over the world. The students should concentrate on conceptual learning and conduct laboratory practicals effectively, so that they can face any challenges once they completed course.
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Dr. T.G. Raja Swamy||Ph.D||Professor|
|2||Dr. R. Venkat Reddy||Ph.D||Professor|
|3||Mr. K. Srinivasa Chalapati||M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|4||Dr. P. Ravikanth Raju||Ph.D||Associate Professor|
|5||Mr. Md. Sikindar Baba||M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|6||Mr. M. Naga Raju||M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|8||Ms.P.Chaitanya krishna Chowdary||M.S||Associate Professor|
|9||Mr.Raja Narender||M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|11||Mr.Mohan Jatoth||M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|12||Mr.B.Koteswara Rao||M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|13||Mr. L. Srinivas Naik||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|14||Mrs. P. Saritha||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|15||Mr. N. Madan Mohan Reddy||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|16||Mr. S.Jhesh Kumar||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|17||Mrs. A. Pooja||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|18||Mr. R. Naresh Kumar goud||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|19||Mr. A. Naga Malleswara Rao||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|20||Mr. V.Raju||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|27||Mr.P.Chinna Srinivas||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|28||Mr. Harish Mugutkar||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|29||Mr. Ramireddy Raghunatha reddy||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|30||Mr. Thota Shiva Bharath||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|31||Mr. Kurma Jagan||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|32||Mr. Mirza Nasrullah Baig||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|33||Mr. Nunemunthala Srikanth||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|34||Ms. P. Archana||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|35||Mr. M. Rajkumar Reddy||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|36||Mrs. C. Sravanthi||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|37||Mr. G. Satheesh Kumar||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|38||Mrs. L. Mayuri||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|39||Mr. N.V. Shiva Sai||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|40||Mr. A. Sravan Nath||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|41||Mr. M. Srinivas||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|42||Mr. Sk. Nagoor vali||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|43||Mr. G. Durga Prasad||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|44||Mr. K. Jayaraju||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|45||Mr. D. Umamaheswara Reddy||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|46||Ms. K. Lakshmi Prasanna||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|47||Mr. Ramesh Boyana||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|48||Mr. C. A. Mohan||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|53||Mr.Ch Rajesh||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|54||Ms. B.Madhuri||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|55||Mr. V. Adithya||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|56||Mr. V. Shiva Kumar||M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|57||Mr.G.Krishna Teja||ME||Assistant Professor|
List various facilities available
- Excellent infrastructure facilities including CAD/CAM Lab with CNC Machines
- Department library facility with access to e-journals
- Industrial visits & Internships
- Placements in Best MNCs
List of the labs available in the department:
|S.No||Name of the Lab|
|2||Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machines Lab|
|3||Production Technology Lab|
|5||Mechanics Of Solids Lab|
|6||Thermal Engineering Lab|
|7||Machine Tools lab|
|9||Heat Transfer Lab|
|10||CAD CAM Lab|
Board of Studies
The following are the members of Board of studies for the Department of Mechanical Engineering for UG & PG Programmes.
- Dr. P. Ravikanth Raju, AGI – Chairman
- Dr. M. T. Naik, prof. Dept. of Mech. Engg. JNTUH, Member (JNTUH Nominee).
- Dr. P. Ravi Kumar, prof. of Mechanicar Engg. Nrr, warangar.
- Dr. A. Purushotham, prof. of Mechnical Engg. SNIST, Hyd.
- Dr. Md. Abid Ali, prof. of Mechanical Engg. KL University, Guntur.
- Dr. M. Radha Krishna, Head Design & Engineering, cslR – llcr, Hyderabad.
- Mr. Kali Prasad, Chief Technical Officer_Group Expert,De Dietrich process Systems lndia pfi Ltd, Hyderabad.
- Mr. K. S. Chalapathi, AGI
- Mr. Md. Sikindar Baba, AGt
- Mr. M. Nagaraju, AGI
- Mr. T. Prasad, AGI
- Mr. L. Srinivas Naik, AGI
Program Assessment Committee
The Program Assessment Committee (PAC) in the Dept. of Mechanical Engineering will work with all academic units to provide assistance and information for assessment activities and to increase the visibility of assessment efforts and accomplishment. The PAC of the Dept. of Mechanical Engineering is constituted with following faculty members:
Mandate of the PAC
|1.||Prof. R. Venkat Reddy||Chairman|
|2.||Mr. K. S. Chalapati||Convener|
|3.||Mr. Md. Sikindar Baba||Member|
|4.||Prof. T. G. Rajaswamy||Member|
|5.||Mr. M. Nagaraju||Member|
|6.||Mr. L. S. Naik||Member|
|7.||Mrs. P. Saritha||Member|
|8.||Mr. N. Madan Mohan Reddy||Member|
Role of PAC Members:
- Will monitor the attainment of POs and PEOs.
- Program effectiveness evaluation and recommends necessary changes.
- Prepares periodic reports, records program activities, progress, status or other special reports for key stake holders.
- Design of assessment surveys, distribution and Evaluation process.
- Motivates the faculty and students towards attending workshops, developing projects and research publications.
Mr.Md.Sikindar Baba, Assoc.Professor of the department has got a Grant of Rs. 3.05 Lakhs from UGC for a Research Project on “Heat Transfer Enhancement, Pressure Drop and Flow Features of Nano Fluids”.
|S.No||Year||Number of Faculty Journals/Publications|
- Ms. N. Naga Keertana of 2009 – 13 B.Tech batch secured College First Rank in B.Tech (2009- 13 batch) with an Aggregate of 89.24 %.
- Ms. Dishita Betai of 2009 – 13 B.Tech batch secured College Second Rank in B.Tech (2009- 13 batch) with an Aggregate of 87.1 %.
- Mr. Mula Nithun Reddy of III B.Tech I Sem Mech secured College First Rank in II Year II Sem University Exams 2012 – 13 and got 88.4 %.
- Mr. K. Swarna Chaitanya of 2009 – 13 B.Tech batch secured College Fourth Rank in B.Tech (2009- 13 batch) with an Aggregate of 84.67 %.
- Ms. Bangaru Tulasi of 2009 – 13 B.Tech batch secured College Fifth Rank in B.Tech (2009- 13 batch) with an Aggregate of 84.06 %.
- Mr. Sankeerth Srivastav of 2009 – 13 B.Tech batch secured College Seventh Rank in B.Tech (2009- 13 batch) with an Aggregate of 83.7 %.
- V. Prabhakar of 2011 batch has represented the JNTUH Kabaddi Team as Captain for three
- Ms.N.Nagakeertana secured University First Rank in B.Tech First Year.
- Most of the students are placed in different MNC’s like Birla Soft, Infosys, Infotech, Pennar Industries
and ITC etc.
- Mr.Anuj Sharma of 2004-2008 passed out got selected in Stuttgart University (Germany).
He was the one and only one from India out of the 17 students who were selected throughout the world.
- Mr.Deepak Kumar Sharma (06H61A0311) secured 11th Rank in JNT University.
- Mr.Anuj Sharma, Mr.Pavan Kumar, Ms.Nagakeerthana, Mr.Karthikeya Vanamali got prizes in the events organized by IITs and NITs.
- Department has got a pass percentage of 90%.
- Mr.Md.Sikindar Baba, Assoc.Professor of the department has got a Grant of Rs. 3.05 Lakhs from UGC for a Research Project on “Heat Transfer Enhancement, Pressure Drop and Flow Features of Nano Fluids”.
- Mr.Md.Sikindar Baba, Assoc.Professor of the department has completed the reuirements to be recognized as a “Microsoft certified Educator”
- Mr.Md.Sikindar Baba, Assoc.Professor of the department is certified as International Engineering Educator by IUCEE.
- Mr.K.Srinivasa Chalapathi, Assoc. Professor of the department has got a Grant of Rs.1 Lakh from DST-SERB on “Recent Trends In Mechanical Engineering“.
- Mr.N.Madan Mohan Reddy, has selected 13th international conference on “High Speed Machining “ on 3rd to 5th October 2016 at Metz, France. Title: Investigating the machining performance of turbine blade profile using Sio2 nanoparticle based eco-friendly cutting fluid.
|S.No.||Name of the Workshop||Organized By||Funding Source||Date||No of Participants|
|1||National Workshop on “Recent Trends In Mechanical Engineering”||Department of Mechanical Engineering||DST -SERB||18th -20th August 2016||57|
|2||National Workshop on “Composite Materials & Its Applications”||Department of Mechanical Engineering||29th Feb – 5th March 2016||148|
|3||Workshop on TRIBOLOGY||Department of Mechanical Engineering||31st October 2015||30|
|4||Two Week FMHM Workshop conducted by IIT Kharagpur||Department of Mechanical Engineering||MHRD||20th – 30th May 2014||48|
|5||Two Week Engineering Thermodynamics Workshop conducted by IIT Bombay||Department of Mechanical Engineering||MHRD||11th DEC – 21ST DEC 2012||32|
|6||One Week FDP Workshop on Engineering Drawing||Department of Mechanical Engineering||APSCHE-JNTUH||16TH JULY – 21ST JULY 2012||51|
|S No||Industries Visited|
|1||Praga Tools Ltd|
|2||AP GENCO – Kothagudem|
|3||Navabharat Ventures Ltd|
|4||Sponge Iron Ferro-alloys Ltd|
Academic year 2015-2016 placements.
|S.NO||H.T.NO||NAME OF THE STUDENT||BRANCH||COMPANY NAME|
|1||12H61A03C4||A VISHAL||MECH||TCS (Tata Consultancy Services)|
|9||12H61A0389||SAI PRANEETH MACHERLA||MECH||Amazon|
|15||12H61A0373||DHYAN CHANDRA TIWARI||MECH||Genpact|
|16||12H61A03B8||VIJAY KAUSHIK B||MECH||Genpact|
|17||12H61A0390||M SPANDANA REDDY||MECH||Sutherland Global Services|
|18||12H61A03A4||SHETTY SURESH||MECH||Sutherland Global Services|
|19||12H61A03F4||NARASIMHA RAO||MECH||Sutherland Global Services|
|20||13H65A0301||N.V.SHANMUKHA SRINIVAS||MECH||Sutherland Global Services|
|21||12H61A0390||M SPANDANA REDDY||MECH||AXIS Bank|
Academic year 2014-2015 placements.
|S.NO||H.NO||NAME OF THE STUDENT||BRANCH||COMPANY NAME|
|2||11H61A0352||SUSHMITH KUMAR DAS GUPTHA||MECH||INFOTECH|
|3||11H61A0360||SAI TEJA Y||MECH||INFOTECH|
|7||11H61A03A7||S RAHUL REDDY||MECH||IBM|
|8||11H61A0306||CH.VINAY KUMAR||MECH||GGK TECH|
|9||11H61A0391||MOHAMMED SHAKEEL||MECH||EIDER MOTORS|
|10||12H65A0301||CHAVAN KARTHIK||MECH||EIDER MOTORS|
|17||11H61A0352||SUSHMITH KUMAR DAS GUPTHA||MECH||AMAZON|
|18||11H61A0355||GOKARAJU SIDDHARTH KRISHNA||MECH||AMAZON|
|19||11H61A0360||SAI TEJA Y||MECH||AMAZON|
|22||11H61A03A7||S RAHUL REDDY||MECH||AMAZON|
|23||11H61A03B9||MOHD.SAIF UL ANSARI||MECH||AMAZON|
Academic year 2013-2014 placements.
|S.NO||HT.NO||NAME OF THE STUDENT||COMPANY NAME|
|3||10H61AO377||G.PAVAN KUMAR REDDY||AMAZON|
|9||10H61A0375||E.VINAY KUMAR||SKY FI LABS|
|11||10H61A0375||VINAY KUMAR E||INFOSYS|
|12||10H61A0377||PAVAN KUMAR REDDY G||INFOSYS|
|15||10H61A0302||LAKSHMI SOUJANYA A.S.||INFOSYS|
|16||10H61A0337||SRI RAGHAVENDRA REDDY KUTURU||INFOSYS|
|17||10H61A0340||PRATEEK REDDY MADINI||INFOSYS|
|18||10H61A0379||VIVEK REDDY G||INFOSYS|
|20||10H61A0374||D.MOUNIKA||SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES|
|21||10H61A03A4||PRAVEEN KAUSHIK||SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES|
|22||10H61A0383||K.KARTHIK||SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES|
|23||10H61A0363||B. MONICA||SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES|
|24||10H61A0385||K.PRANEETH||SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES|
|25||10H61D03B6||V.SARAT CHANDRA||SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES|
|26||10H61A0321||G.V.S. KIRAN||SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES|
|27||10H61D03B4||T.S. SUMANTH KUMAR||AMAZON|
|35||10H61A0355||JAI KRISHNA SAHITH||CADSYS|
|38||10H61A0391||K.CHANDRA PRAKASH REDDY||MOLDTEK|
|40||10H61A0344||MD. AFREEN WAHAB||AEGIS|
|41||11H65A0311||S CHANDRA SHEKAR||IFA|
Placements of 2012 – 2013
NAME OF THE STUDENT
|1||BANGARU TULASI||NTT DATA|
|2||P. KALYAN CHAKRAVARTHY||NTT DATA|
|3||P SHIVA KUMAR||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|4||N NAGA KEERTANA||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|5||C SANKEERTH SRIVASTHAV||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|6||G SAITEJA||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|7||DISHITA BETAI||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|8||K ANIL||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|9||N SUNIL||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|10||B MANOGNA RAJ||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|11||K SANJANA REDDY||CADSYS (INDIA) LTD.|
|12||K SWARNA CHAITHANYA||INFOTECH|
|14||P KALYAN CHAKRAVARTHY||BOSCH|
|15||K SWARNA CHAITHANYA||LEMON TREE HOTEL COMPANY PVT LTD|
|16||MANOJ SHETTY||LEMON TREE HOTEL COMPANY PVT LTD|
- ASME – Student Section
- IEI – Student Chapter
- ISTE – Chapter
- MARK – Mecharriors Automobile & Robotics Klub
The main objective of Alumni Association is to act as a bridge between AGI and Alumni and to act as channel through which the Alumni can guide the students.
Our Alumni which is spread in various sectors both in technical & management Companies are working in different positions in the best companies like Hyundai Motors R & D, TCS, INFOSYS, Cyient (Infotech), Pennar Industries, Bosch, L&T Ltd, etc.
Total number of alumni registrations till date are around 460.
Alumni meeting will be organized every year and different views in the advancement of Mechanical engineering will be shared across the alumni and the present students through interactions between them.
Some of the alumni are also called for giving their views about the career planning and future aspects for Mechanical Engineering students.
List the Distinguished Alumni of the Department.
|S.NO||Name of the Alumni||Batch||Current Position||Name of the Company|
|1||Anuj Sharma||2004-2008||Simulation Engineer||Robot Bosch gmbh Germany|
|2||S.Akshay reddy||2004-2008||Field Survey Officer||Metro Trainers|
|3||T.Santosh kumar||2006-2010||Assistant Executive Engineer||Greater Hyderabad Muncipal Corporation|
|4||Anil Kumar||2006-2010||Quality Control Manager||Workhand Nagar Ltd|
|6||M.Sreejesh||2007-2011||Design Engineer||Infotech Enterprises|
|7||K.Arunkumar||2007-2011||Senior Design Engineer||Igate Global Solutions|
|8||N. Sandeep||2008-2012||Software Engineer||Infosys|
|10||K.Chaithanya||2009-2013||Quality Assurance Engineer||Cyient|
|11||Bangaru Thulasi||2009-2013||Senior Engineer||Bosch, Chennai|
|12||Kalyan Chakravarthy||2009-2013||Senior Engineer||Bosch, Chennai|
|13||Mahesh Vemula||2010-2014||Engineer||Sutherlands Pvt.Ltd|
|14||Sushmit Kumar Das Gupta||2011-2015||Technical support||Amazon|
Name : Mr. K.Srinivasa Chalapati
Mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Contact No: 9246153699
CLASS INCHARGE DETAILS:
|Year||Class Incharge Name||Mail-id||Ph.No|
|II-A||Mrs.P.Chaitanya Krishna Chowdaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||9502102774|
|II-B||Mr.M.Raj Kumar Reddyemail@example.com||9963859555|
|III-B||Mr.A.Naga Malleswara Raofirstname.lastname@example.org||9908365541|
|IV-B||Mr.R.Naresh Kumar Goud||Nareshgowd.email@example.com||9533617819|
|IV-C||Mr.P.Chinna Srinivas Raofirstname.lastname@example.org||8886167028|