Chemical Engineering is a Core branch of Engineering which is an evergreen branch. It is concerned with cost effective and environmentally friendly processes that convert raw materials or chemicals into useful valuable forms. It essentially deals with the engineering of chemicals to identify and solve technical glitches. Chemical Industry is expanding and with this expansion, new job opportunities are also being generated.
- PEO1: Acquire strong foundation in basic sciences and chemical engineering with modern experimental and computational tools.
- PEO2: Adapt to the developing technologies through quality research and stay in-tune with current needs of the society.
- PEO3: Inculcate professional excellence and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and entrepreneurial practices for overall development.
- PEO4: Exhibit leadership qualities to serve organization and society as adaptable engineers through lifelong learning.
- PO1: The students shall be able to solve problems in mathematics through differential equations, calculus-based physics, chemistry, and one additional area of science.
- PO2: The student shall be able to Design a chemical engineering experiment to meet a need; conduct the experiment, and analyze and interpret the resulting data.
- PO3: The students shall be able to Design a complex system or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- PO4: The students shall be able to analyze a complex situation involving multiple conflicting professional and ethical interests, to determine an appropriate course of action.
- PO5: The students shall be able to apply relevant techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools to solve a simple problem.
- PO6: The students shall be able to Determine the global, economic, environmental, and societal impacts of a specific, relatively constrained engineering solution
- PO7: The students shall be able to understand the impact of environment and shall be able to demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: The students shall be able to apply the ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering Practice.
- PO9: The students shall be able to function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and shall be able to demonstrate the ability to learn on their own, without the aid of formal instruction.
- P10: The students shall be able to organize and deliver effective verbal, written, and graphical communications.
- P11: The students shall be able to solve well-defined engineering problems in core technical areas appropriate to chemical engineering and shall be able to manage and shall be able to study the financial or the economic feasibility of the process.
- P12: The students shall be able to gain strong foundation in the basics of the subjects so that they can cope up in the broadest context of Technological changes.
- PSO1: Ability to apply knowledge of advanced mathematics, physical sciences and engineering principles to practical problems in their respective professions.
- PSO2: Ability to design innovative processes and equipment suitable to the contemporary needs of the chemical industry and to promote the qualities of leadership and employability and be able to to work in multidisciplinary teams supported by continuous Industry – Institution interaction.
- PSO3: Ability to meet specified objectives within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability in the field of chemical engineering..
- Chemical manufacturing
- Textile Industry
- Pulp & Paper Industry
- Petroleum Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Food Processing & Technology
- Cement Industry
- Fertilizer Industry
- Synthetic materials manufacturing
- Biomedical Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Safety Engineering
- Process Design & Simulation
- Scientific research and development
- Academic Institutions
- Post-Graduation /PhD Programs
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT),Hyderabad
- Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad
- Rashtriya Chemical Fertilizers (RCF), Alibaug
- Vizag Steel Plant, Vishakapatnam
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Ankaleshwar
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL), Mumbai
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.(IOCL), Vadodara
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Hyderabad
- Biomax Life Sciences Limited, Hyderabad
- Ava Bio Tech Limited, Hyderabad
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited, Hyderabad
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals Limited, Gujarat
- Genpact, Hyderabad
- Sparkvee Fine Chemicals Private Limited
- Granules India Limited, Hyderabad
- AK Polymers, Hyderabad
- Piramal Health Limited, Hyderabad
- India Pesticides Limited, Lucknow
- Reliance Life Science Private Limited, Mumbai
- Hetero Drugs, Hyderabad
- Revin Labs, Hyderabad
- Sree Rayalaseema Alkalies and Allied Chemicals Limited, Kurnool
- V.V. Med Labs Limited, Hyderabad
- Prabhava Organics Limited, Hyderabad
- Rane Engine Valves Limited , Hyderabad
- Bhagiratha Chemicals and Industries Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Malladi Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Tamil Nadu
- Nippy Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Rhyme Organics and Chemicals Ltd., Hyderabad
- Ram Charan Oil Industries, Hyderabad
- Toyo Engineering India Ltd., Mumbai
- Rakshit Drugs Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Swetech Environs India Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Inventa Chemicals Ltd., Hyderabad
- Sri Krishna Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Hyderabad
- Southern Online Biotechnology Ltd., Hyderabad