Dr. A. V. Sita Rama Raju received his B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from V.R.Siddartha Engg. College, Nagarjuna University, Vijayawada in 1982, M.Tech. in Thermal Engineering from I.I.T. Delhi in 1990 and obtained his Ph.D. on “Experimental Investigations on the Performance of a Lean Burn Spark Ignited Gas Engine” from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, I.I.T. Madras in 2000. He started his career as Teaching Assistant in 1982 at Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science, Warangal, grown up to the level of professor by 2000 and served the Institute till July, 2003. In July, 2003 he joined Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad as professor of Mechanical Engineering and served the University and its constituent Colleges in various academic and administrative positions as Head, Mechanical Engg.; Chairman and member of BOS at different Universities and Colleges; member, BOG of various autonomous Colleges, Training and Placement Officer; Coordinator, Center for Energy Studies; Controller of Examinations; Vice Principal; Director of Admissions; member of Academic senate of the University; member of Standing Committee on affiliations; OSD (Affiliations) to Vice-Chancellor. In addition to serving the University, its constituent and affiliated Colleges in various capacities, he has served as member Coordinator/convenor/member in various expert Committees, constituted by NAAC/AICTE/UGC/State Government/University. He has conducted and attended number of workshops / STTPs/ FDPs/National & International Conferences in his career. He was adjudged as the Best Teacher among the Mechanical Engineering Department Teaching Staff by the outgoing B.Tech. students of 2002-2006 & 2004-2008 batches at JNTU College of Engg., Kakinada. He is the Life Member of ISTE and Combustion Institute (India). He has visited Malaysia and Singapore on academic activity. On 31 st May, 2020 he has been retired from JNTUH service after superannuation on attaining the age of 60 years and joined Anurag University as Professor of Mechanical Engg. from 1 st July, 2020.
Dr. Sita Rama Raju’s interested areas of research are Internal Combustion engines, Heat transfer,Refrigeration and Air Conditioning and other related subjects. He has guided 21 Ph.D. scholars as supervisor / co-supervisor. He has completed two R&D projects of DRDO as Principal Investigator and participated in three consultancy/Design verification projects as one of the members of the team.
Dr. Sita Rama Raju has taught Thermodynamics, I.C.Engines, Steam Power Engineering, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Engineering Graphics for Under Graduate students; Fuels, Combustion & Environment, Turbo- Machinery, Advanced Thermodynamics and
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning for Post Graduate students.
Dr. Sita Rama Raju is having more than 120 research publications in reputed International /National Journals / Conferences to his credit and a few of them are listed below.
- Sita Rama Raju A.V., A.Ramesh and B.Nagalingam, Effect of Hydrogen Induction on the performance of A Natural Gas Fuelled Lean Burn S.I. Engine, Journal of the Institute of Energy (U.K.), September 2000, 73, pp. 143 – 148.
- Sita Rama Raju, A.V., A. Ramesh and B. Nagalingam, “Effect of Intensified Swirl and Squish on the Performance of a Lean Burn Engine Operated on LPG”, SAE Paper No.2000-01-1951 Combustion in Diesel and SI Engines, SP-1549, 2000.
- Sita Rama Raju A.V., A. Ramesh and B. Nagalingam, Effect of Cooper Coating on Combustion Chamber and Intake Valve masking on Lean Combustion of LPG, Proceedings of the 2000 Spring Technical Conference of the ASME Internal Combustion Engine Division, San Antonio,
Texas, April 9-12, 2000, Paper No.2000-ICE-297, ICE-Vol.343,pp.111-117.
- Sita Rama Raju A.V., A.Ramesh and B.Nagalingam, Effect of Compression Ratio on the performance of LPG Fueled Spark Ignited Lean Burn Engine, Proceedings of the 6 th International Conference on Small Engines, Their Fuels and the Environment, Malaysia, April
22-24, 1999, pp. 84-89.
- Sita Rama Raju A.V., A. Ramesh and B.Nagalingam, Performance of A Spark Ignited Engine Using Natural Gas and Hydrogen Supplemented Natural Gas, Proceedings of the 4 th International Conference ICE99, Capri, Italy, September 12-16, 1999, pp.285-289.
- Ravi Kumar N., Sk.Jaheeruddin, K.Rama Krishna, A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Parametric analysis of triple pressure HRSG in combined cycle power plant”, International Energy journal , vol 7, No.3,September 2006, pp.201-205.
- Naradasu Ravi Kumar, Konijeti Rama Krishna and Alluru Venkata Sita Rama Raju, “Thermodynamic Analysis of Heat Recovery Steam Generator in Combined Cycle Power Plant”,Thermal Science – International Scientific Journal, Georgia (GA), Vol.11(2007), No.4, pp.143-
- Ravi Kumar N., K. Rama Krishna and A.V. Sita Rama Raju, “Second Law Analysis of Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) in Combined Cycle Power Plant”, Journal of Energy, Heat and Mass Transfer, vol.29, pp.119 -136, 2007.
- N.Vijaya Sai, M.Komaraiah and A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Brass-Matrix Fly Ash Particulate Composites by Powder Metallurgy Technique” International Journal of Material Science, ISSN 0973-4589 Volume 3, Number 2 (2008), pp. 113-123
- N.Vijaya Sai, M.Komaraiah and A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Preparation and Properties of Sintered Copper-Tin Composites Containing Copper Coated or Uncoated Fly Ash” Materials and Manufacturing Processes,Vol.23, Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, ISSN 1042-6914 Print / 1532- 2475 online, 1 st August, 2008, pp.651-657
- S.N.Sarada, K.K.Radha and A.V.S.Raju, “Experimental Investigations of Turbulent Heat Transfer in a Horizontal Tube with Longitudinal Strips”, European Journal of Mechanical and Environmental Engineering, ISSN 0035-3612, October 2009-Volume 2009-3, pp. 22-27
- Naga Sarada S., Kalyani K. Radha and A.V.S. Raju, “Experimental Investigations in a Circular Tube to Enhance Turbulent Heat Transfer using Mesh Inserts” Asian Research Publishing Network (ARPN) Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, ISSN 1819-6608, Vol. 4, No. 5, July 2009, pp.53-60
- Y.V. Hanumantha Rao, Ram Sudheer Voleti, V.S. Hariharan, A.V. Sita Rama Raju and P.Nageswara Reddy, “ Use of Jatropha Oil Methyl Ester and its Blends as an Alternative Fuel in Diesel Engine, Journal of the Braz. Soc. Of Mech. Sci. & Eng., July-September, 2009, Vol.XXXI, No. 3, pp.253 – 260
- P.Srinivas, Dr. K.Narayana Rao and Dr. A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “ Performance Investigation of Environment Friendly Alternative Refrigerant to R134a in Domestic Refrigerators”, International Journal on Mechanical & Automobile Engineering, Vol.05, No.07, June 09-August 2009, pp.44 – 52
- S.Naga Sarada, A.V.Sita Rama Raju, K.K.Radha, “Experimental and Numerical Analysis of Turbulent Flow Heat Transfer Enhancement in a Horizontal Circular Tube Using Mesh Inserts”, Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, July, 2010, Volume 4, No. 7 (Serial No. 32)
- Y.V. Hanumantha Rao, Ram Sudheer Voleti, V.S. Hariharan, P.Nageswara Reddy and A.V. Sita Rama Raju, “ Performance and Emission Characteristics of Diesel Engine with Methyl Ester Jatropha Oil and its Blends, Energy & Environment, Vol. 20 No. 8, 2009 / Vol. 21, No. 1, 2010, Multi Science Publishing Co. Ltd., 5 Wates Way, Brentwood, Essex CM15 9TB, United Kingdom, pp. 1343-1355
- P.Srinivas, K.Narayana Rao and A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Optimisation of Visi Cooler with the Low Global Warming Potential Refrigerant Mixtures as an Alternative to R134a and HC Blend” Int.J.Global Warming, Vol.2, No.4, 2010, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd. pp.316-329
- A.V.S.Raju and K.Bala Showry, “Multidimensional Modeling and Simulation of Diesel Engine Combustion Using Multi-Pulse Injections by CFD”, International Journal of Dynamics of Fluids, ISSN 0973-1784, Volume 6, Number 2 (2010), pp. 237-248
- V.Venkateswara Rao, G.Madhusudhan Reddy and A.V.Sitarama Raju, “Influence of Post- Weld Heat Treatments on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Gas Tungsten Arc Maraging Steel Weldments”, Materials Science and Technology (Maney Publication, U.K.)
- V.Venkateswara Rao, G.Madhusudhan Reddy and A.V.Sitarama Raju, “Microstructure,Hardness and Residual Stress Distribution of Dissimilar Metal Electron Beam Welds – Maraging Steel and High Strength Low Alloy Steel”, Materials Science and Technology (Maney Publication, U.K.)
- V.Venkateswara Rao, G.Madhusudhan Reddy and A.V.Sitarama Raju, “Dissimilar Metal Friction Welding of Maraging Steel (MDN 250) to Low Alloy Steel (AISI 4340)”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology (Elsevier Publication)
- A. Swarna Kumari, Ch.Penchalayya, A.V.SitaramaRaju, P.Ravi Kumar, “Effect of injector opening pressure on performance characteristics of diesel engine with safflower oil” International Journal on Mechanical & Automobile Engineering (IJMAE) ISSN 0974 –231X (accepted ) Acceptance Code: SERC-IJMAE-JPH12-05M
- M.Amrita, R.R.Srikant, A.V.Sitaramaraju, “Evaluation of Cutting Fluid with Nanoiclusions”, Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine, Transactions of the ASME, Paper No. 031007, Vol. 4, 10 th March, 2014
- M.Amrita, R.R.Srikant, A.V.Sitaramaraju , “ Performance evaluation of nanographite – based cutting fluid in machining process” Taylor and Francis Group – Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 29: pp. 600-605, 12 th January, 2014, ISSN:1042-6914 print/1532-2475 online.
- M. Amrita, R. R. Srikant, A. V. Sitaramaraju, MMS Prasad and P Vamsi Krishna, “Preparation and characterization of properties of nano-graphite- based cutting fluid for machining operations”, Proc IMechE Part J:J Engineering Tribology, 2014, Vol. 228(3), pp.243-252
- M. Amrita, R. R. Srikant, A. V. Sitaramaraju, MMS Prasad and P Vamsi Krishna, “Experimental investigations on influence of mist cooling using nanofluids on machining parameters in turning AISI 1040 steel”, Proc IMechE Part J:J Engineering Tribology, Vol. 227(12), pp. 1334-1346 @ IMechE-2013.
- R.R. Srikant, MMS Prasad, M. Amrita, A.V. Sitaramaraju and P. Vamsi Krishna “Nanofluids as a potential solution for minimum quantity lubrication: A review”, Proc IMechE Part B: J Engineering Manufacture 2013.
- M.Shailaja & A.V.Sitarama Raju, “Optimization of Diesel Engine Parameters for Performance, Combustion and Emission Parameters using Taguchi and Grey Relational Analysis”, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering: A Mechanical and Mechanics Engineering, Volume 16, Issue 3, Version 1.0, Year 2016; Type: Double Blind Peer Reviewed International Research Journal; Publisher: Global Journals Inc.(USA); Online ISSN: 2249-4596 Print ISSN: 0975-5861
- Md.Sikindar Baba , A.V.Sita Rama Raju ,M.Bhagvanth Rao, “Heat transfer enhancement and pressure drop of Fe 3 O 4 –water nanofluid in a double tube counter flow heat exchanger with internal longitudinal fins”,Journal of Case Studies in Thermal Engineering 12 (2018) ,600–607, (Elsevier, Science direct)
- Mohammad Sikindar Baba, M.Bhagavantha Rao and A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Experimental Study of Convective Heat Transfer in a Finned Tube Counter Flow Heat Exchanger with Fe 3 O 4 – Water Nanofluid”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology
(IJMET), Volume 8, Issue 11, November 2017, pp. 500-509, Article ID:IJMET_08_11_054, Online at http://www.iaeme.com/IJMET/issues.asp?JType=IJMET&VType=8&IType=11, ISSN Print:0976-6340 and ISSN Online:0976-6359, (Scopus Indexed)
- Md.Sikindar baba, M.Bhagvanth Rao, A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Heat transfer enhancement in Fe 3 O 4 – water nano-fluid through a finned tube counter flow heat exchanger”, International journal of applied engineering research, vol.12, 2017. (Scopus indexed)
- Srinivas Pendyala, Ravi Prattipati and A. V. Sita Rama Raju, “Optimization Process of a Visi- Cooler Using Ternary Mixtures of R134a and Hydrocarbons”, International Journal of Air- Conditioning and Refrigeration, Published 25 May 2017, Vol. 25, No. 2 (2017) 1750019 (10 pages) © World Scientifc Publishing Company DOI: 10.1142/S2010132517500195.
- Doctor of Philosophy in I.C. Engines, Mechanical Engineering from I.I.T.Madras in 2000
- Master of Technology in Thermal Engineering from I.I.T.Delhi in 1990
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from V.R.Siddartha Engineering
- College, Nagarjuna University, Vijayawada in 1982