Dr. Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain received his Ph.D. degree in Wireless Communications in 2020 from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela. Currently, he serves as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Anurag University, Hyderabad. He has nearly 8 years of teaching experience and 7 years of research experience in the field of signal processing, communication and networking. His research works have been published in various SCI/Scopus indexed journals and IEEE conferences. He is also an active reviewer for publishers such as Springer and Elsevier.
Dr. Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain has research experience in different domains of Communication Engineering and Networking such as 4G Networks (WiMAX and LTE), OFDM, MIMO, Cognitive radio, Cooperative communications, Channel modelling, Network planning, High mobility communication, Dedicated short range communication (DSRC) etc. In addition, his other research interests include physical layer, MAC layer, planning of 5G and 6G networks, Machine learning, Cloud computing, Network security, Internet of Things (IoT), Embedded systems, Estimation and Detection theory, Optimization algorithms etc.
Dr. Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain has teaching experience of nearly 8 years in various academic positions. He has expertise in subjects such as Analog and Digital communications, Wireless and Mobile communications, Satellite communication, Signal and Systems, Digital signal processing (DSP), Microprocessor and Microcontroller (MPMC), Analog and Digital electronics, Embedded systems etc. He has prepared course materials and laboratory manuals for courses such as Analog and Digital communication, Microprocessor and Microcontroller (MPMC), Digital signal processing (DSP), MATLAB etc.
- Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain and Susmita Das,“Proposed Prediction Framework for Improving the Accuracy of Path loss Models of WiMAX Network”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, 2020 (Accepted)
- Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain and Susmita Das, “Effects of Threshold based Relay Selection Algorithms on the Performance of an IEEE 802.16j Mobile Multi-hop Relay (MMR) WiMAX Network”, Digital Communications and Networks, Elsevier, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 58-68, 2018
- Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain and Susmita Das, “Estimation of Path loss Model for a 2.65 GHz Mobile WiMAX Network Deployed in a Sub-urban Environment with Regression Techniques”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 283-297, 2017
- Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain and Susmita Das, “Coverage Probability Analysis of WiMAX Network under Additive White Gaussian Noise and Predicted Empirical Path loss Model”, International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, WASET, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 270-275, 2019
- Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain and Susmita Das, “Development of an Empirical Path loss Model for a Deployed 2.63 GHz WiMAX Network in a Rural Environment”, IEEE Power, Communication and Information Technology Conference (PCITC), Bhubaneswar, 2015, pp. 355-360
- V. K.Gugulothu, Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain and Susmita Das, “Throughput Performance Analysis of an Integrated Mobile WiMAX-DSRC Cellular Network with Adaptive Modulation and Coding Technique”, IEEE International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics, Information and Communication Technology (RTEICT), Bangalore, 2017, pp. 1130-1134
- Chaudhuri Manoj Kumar Swain and Susmita Das, “Study and Impact of Relay Selection Schemes on Performance of an IEEE 802.16j Mobile Multi-hop Relay (MMR) WiMAX Network” Progress in Intelligent Computing Techniques: Theory, Practice, and Applications, Springer, Singapore, 2018, pp. 491-499
Selected Awards and Honors:
- Life time member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Peer reviewer for publishers like Elsevier, Springer etc.
- Ph.D. in Wireless Communications from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela, India in the year 2020.
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Communication Systems Engineering from Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha in the year 2012.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha in the year 2005.