Dr D. Krishna Prasad received a Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2005 Nalanda College of Pharmacy & Master of Pharmacy (Pharmacology) in 2008 from J.S.S. College of Pharmacy. He was awarded Ph.D under Dr. MGR Medical University in 2017 from PAHER (Pacific) University. He is having 11 years of teaching experience in field of Pharmacology. Before joining Anurag Group of Institutions, he worked in renowned institutions viz., SR college of Pharmacy, Warangal and Vaagdevi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Warangal. He published 1 patent, 2 chapters & he is life memberof APTI, APP. He is teaching various pharmacy subjects to UG, Pharm.D and PG courses, and actively involved in research. He guided more than 10 pharmacy graduates, 8 Pharm.D and 14 post graduates in their academic research projects. He is mentor for the students and for improvising in subject as well as professional development. He published 21 papers in International journals.
Pharmacological Screening of different synthetic and herbal natural compounds for various activities like Parkinsonism, Alzheimer’s diseases.
Interested in cancer, neuro-pharmacological, anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer, anti-diabetic and antioxidant screening activities.
Extraction and isolation of Active constituents and Biological evaluation from the plant sources.
Evaluation of potential neuroprotective effects of natural fruit dietary antioxidants in rat model.
Analysis of various behavioral parameters using video tracking system customized with Maze-Master software using y-maze, morris water maze and elevated plus maze.
Analyzing and continuous monitoring of blood glucose levels at different time intervals using Auto analyzer.
Human Anatomy and Physiology
- ”Insilico and In-vivo Studies on quercetin as potential anti-parkinson agent” SreeLakshmi, Boyina Hemanth Kumar, Devarakonda Krishna Prasad, and Gangarapu Kiran, Vasudha Bakshi, Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 2020, 1195, 1-11.
- “Ameliorative effect of acetyl-l-carnitine in valproic acid induced autistic albino rats: Prenatal model.” S Geethakrishnan,V. Bakshi,S.Katta, P Gandhamalla, MKaluwalal, K. Devarakonda, H. Boyina. Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2019, 405, 116 – 117.
- “Novel Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Coupled with PDA Detection for the Simultaneous Quantification of Artesunate and Amodiaquine in Bulk and its Tablet” Prasenjit Mondal, Devarakonda Krishnaprasad, Anusha Kusuma, Megha Kulkarni,Malladi Srinivas Reddy, Venu Kola, Padmaja Bookya; Pharmaceutical Methods; 2019;10(1):64-69.
- “In Vitro Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity of Novel Theophylline Derivatives” Devarakonda Srinivas, Devarakonda Venkatesh, Devarakonda Krishna Prasad, Vasudha Bakshi and Gangarapu Kiran. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences 2018; 8(3): 24-29.
- “In-Vitro α-Amylase Screening and Molecular Docking Studies of Theophylline Derivatives as Anti-Diabetic Agents” Shruthi Reddy Vangala, Narender Boggula, Krishna Prasad Devarakonda, Vasudha Bakshi, Kiran Gangarapu, International Research Journal of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, 2018; 1(1): 1-4.
- “Evaluation of Neuropharmacological effects with Murraya koenigii leaves extracts using mice” Devarkonda Krishna Prasad and Shimoga Nagaraj Sriharsha, International Journal of Pharmacy and Technology., 2015; 7(1): 8419-8436.
- “In-Vitro and in-Vivo Anti-inflammatory Activity of Novel Isatin Spiropyrazoline”, Devarakonda krishna prasad and sirumalla spoorthy International Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2015; 7(1): 8472-8485.
- Evaluation of Antidepressant activity of Murraya koenigii leaf extract in mice” D Krishna Prasad, SN Sriharsha, D Yashwanth kumar and K.S.S.N Neelima, Journal of pharmaceutical and Biological Research., 2013;1(1): 1-5.
- “Novel Mononuclear Ruthenium (II) Compounds in Cancer Therapy” Shyam Sunder Anchuri, Sreekanth Thota, Rajeshwar Yerra, Krishna Prasad Devarakonda and Satyavati Dhulipala. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2012, 13 (7), 3293-3298.
- Protective effect of methanolic extract of Trianthema portulacastrum Linn atherosclerotic diet induced renal and hepatic changes in rats”, A. shyamsunder, A. Ram Narsimha reddy, Y. Rajeshwar, G.Kiran, D. Krishna Prasad, B.baburao, S. Thirumurugu, and A. karthik. Scholars Research Library, Der pharmacia lettres, 2010, 2(1), 540-545.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Received funding for Travel grant Pharmaceutical Research and Pharmacy Practice cum 14th IIUM-MPS Pharmacy Scientific Conference “Drug Utilization Research in the Era of Big Data” on 19 – 20th Oct, 2019 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Received Best Paper Award from Bioinformatics & Human Electrophysiology Laboratory Department of Informatics- Ionian University, 3rd world congress genetics, 2018 at Canada “In-silco and In-vivo studies on Quercetin as potential anti-parkinsonism agent” (Guide for student).
- Gandhamalla Prashanthi selected for “Science Academies ‘Summer Research Fellowship Program (SRF) 2020”, at National Institute of Immunohematology in Mumbai.” (Guide for student).
- 2005 – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Nalanda College of Pharmacy, Nalgonda, Telangana
- 2008- Master of Pharmacy, JSS college of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu.
- 2017 – PAHER University, Udaipur, Rajasthan