Dr Gangarapu Kiran received a Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2004&Master of Pharmacy in 2007 from Kakatiya University, Warangal and Ph.D in 2015 from JNTUH, Hyderabad, Telangana. He is having 13 years of teaching and 10 years of research experience in field of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Analysis. Before joining Anurag Group of Institutions, he worked in renowned institutions viz., SR college of Pharmacy and Kakatiya Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences. He is teaching various pharmacy subjects to UG and PG courses, and actively involved in research. He guided more than 50 pharmacy graduates and 30 post graduates in their academic research projects. He is mentor for the students and for improvising in subject as well as professional development. He published 30 papers in International journals and 2 chapters and 4 books. He is having h-index 11 and total citations 130 and also received one project grant from AICTE-MODRABS. He is life time member for APTI and I-Ord.
Design and synthesis of diversified bioactive small molecules and their application in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry.
Investigation of novel reaction pathways and development of new synthetic reagents/pathways in organic synthesis.
Development of various chromatographic systems for the quantification of drugs and their metabolites in pharmaceutical preparations and in biological fluids
Molecular Docking, Molecular Dynamics, Homology modelling, 3D QSAR studies
Extraction of Active constituents and Biological evaluation from the plant sources
Medicinal Chemistry-I & II
Instrumental Pharmaceutical Analysis
Modern Bioanalytical Technique
- Kiran Gangarapu, Karthik L, Shreedevi MS, Sathiyarajeswaran P, Kanakavalli K, Kumar KM, Ramesh Kumar D. “In Silico Computational Screening of Kabasura Kudineer-Official Siddha Formulation and JACOM Against SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein” Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine 2020
- Radhakrishnam Raju Ruddarraju, Gangarapu Kiran⁎, Adharvana Chari Murugulla, Ravichandar Maroju, Devarakonda Krishna Prasad, Boyina Hemanth Kumar, Vasudha Bakshi, Nukala Shravya Reddy. “Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of theophylline containing variant acetylene derivatives as α-amylase inhibitors”. Bioorganic Chemistry, 2019, 92, 103120.
- Gangarapu Kiran*, DK Prasad, V Bakshi, T Gouthami “In vitro anti-diabetic activity and molecular docking studies of theophylline containing acetylene derivatives”.Biointerface Research In Applied Chemistry. 2018; 8(5), 3618-3620.
- Bhargavi D, Baburao B, Gangarapu Kiran*, Gouthami T, Bakshi V. “Method Development and Validation for Related Impurities of Efavirenz by RP-HPLC Method”. Analytical Chemistry Letters. 2017, 7(5):737-747.
- Appani R, Bhukya B, Gangarapu Kiran. “Synthesis and Antibacterial Activity of 3-(Substituted)-2-(4-oxo-2-phenylquinazolin-3 (4H)-ylamino) quinazolin-4 (3H)-one”. Scientifica. 2016; 2016, 1-6.
- Sriram R, Ravi J, Gangarapu Kiran, Sarangapani M, and Jayathirtha RV. “In silico and in vitro studies of novel 7-azaindole and 7-azaisatin derivatives as potent anticancer agents”. Medicinal Chemistry Research 2015, 24(9): 3412-3422.
- Gangarapu Kiran*, Sarangapani M, Anvesh J, Sreekanth T, Karki SS, De Clercq E, Balzarini J. and Harukuni T. “Synthesis of thiocarbohydrazide and carbohydrazide derivatives as possible biologically active agents”. Medicinal Chemistry Research 2014, 23(2): 1046-1056.
- Gangarapu Kiran*, Sarangapani M, Gouthami T and Anreddy RNR. “Synthesis, characterization, antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of novel bis-isatin carbohydrazone derivatives”. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry 2013, 95(3), 367-378.
- Gangarapu Kiran*, Sarangapani M, Sreekanth T, Rajeshwar Y, Karki SS, Balzarini J, Clercq ED and Tanaka R. “Microwave Assisted Synthesis, Characterization of Some New Isatin And Thiophene Derivatives as Cytotoxic and Chemopreventive Agents.” Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 2012, 9(10), 934-941.
- Gangarapu Kiran*, Rajkumar M, Rajyalakshmi G, Venkateshwa J, and Sarangapani M. “Synthesis, Anti-inflammatory and Analgesic activity of 4-(Substituted benzylamino)-5-Substituted Phenyl-3-amino-1, 2, 4-triazole Derivatives.” Latin American Journal of Pharmacy, 2011, 30(3): 446-451.
- Reena M, Gangarapu Kiran, Rajyalakshmi G, Venkateshwa RJ. and Sarangapani M. “Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of 2-substituted-((N, N-disubstituted)-1, 3-benzoxazole)-5-carboxamides.” Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica, 2010 45(6): 730-734.
- Gangarapu Kiran, G. Rajyalakshmi, A Rama Narsimha Reddy. Anticonvulsant Activity of Some Isatin-5-Sulphonamide Derivatives. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2009; 2, 388-390
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Granted AICTE MODROBS-2019 for Project entitled “Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Monocarboxylate Transporter 1 Inhibitors as Novel Anticancer Agents” of Rs 10 Lakhs as PI
- Best Paper Awarded GeNeDis 2018, 3rd World Congress ‘Genetics, Geriatrics and Neurodegenerative Diseases Research’, Toronto, Canada, 25 to 28th October 2018
- Received Summer Research Fellowship-2019 from INSA-IAS for period of two months at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Received a Travel Grant from ICMR, New Delhi of Rs-91,898/-
- 2004- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana
- 2007- Master of Pharmacy, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangan
- 2015 -JNTUH, Hyderabad, Telangana