Dr. K. S. Rao has obtained his B. Tech and M. Tech degrees from KITS and REC, WARANGAL respectively in ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION Engineering with specialization in Bio Medical Instrumentation and Signal Processing. He joined in teaching profession in 1989 and subsequently obtained Doctorate degree from VRCE, NAGPUR in 1997. He became Associate Professor and Professor in 1994 and 1999 respectively. He had published several papers in National and International Journals/ Conferences. He was Instrumental in setting up of various laboratories in the field of Electronics and Computer Technology for UG and PG programs. Since, 2000 he headed Three Engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh and was responsible in organizing several developmental programs for faculty and students, National level conferences, National level students Technical meets, Training programs in the advanced technologies, developed Industry institute Interaction, etc. He was Instrumental in organizing International Conference” Recent Trends in Signal processing and VLSI Design SPVL-2010 at Guru Nanak Engineering College, Hyderabad during 2010. He was instrumental in getting collaboration with Indo-US Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE).He was the Director of the Institutions since 2016 and was Instrumental in getting all the engineering programs accredited by NBA, Institution accredited by NAAC, promoting research, getting 169 rank by NIRF etc.
His areas of interests include, Microprocessors, Signal Processing, VLSI DESIGN and Neural Networks. Two of his scholars were awarded PhD degrees by JNTU Hyderabd and KL University Vijayawada and presently supervising two research students leading towards doctorate degrees.
- K.Srinivasa Rao &Dr.P.M.Nawghare : An Online Arrythmia Analysis and High Speed Data Acquisition system for Multipatient ECG” The Institution of Engineers(India) May 1993.
- K.Srinivasa Rao &Dr.P.M.Nawghare :”Computerized 12- Lead ECG monitoring of Multiple Patients in Intensive Care Units” The Institution of Engineers(India) April 1997.
- Hari Priya, Mr.P.RamaKrishna,Dr.V.Rajesh and Dr.K.S.Rao “Design of Low Power Eight Channel Analog Multiplexer using Dynamic Threhold for BioSignals” International Journal of VLSI design and Communication Systems, Vol 4, No.5, OCT 2013.
- HariPriya, Mr.P.Rama Krishna, Dr.A.C.C.S.Sastry, Dr.K.S.Rao “A Low Power Front End Analog Multiplexing unit for 12 Lead ECG Signal Acquisition” International Journal of VLSI design and Communication Systems, Vol 5, No.3, JUNE 2014.
- Deepika, Ramakrishna and K.S.Rao “A Sub Threshold Source Coupled Logic based Design of Low Power CMOS Analog Multiplexer “International Journal of VLSI design and Communication Systems, published in OCT- NOV 2014
- Shaik Jakir Hussain , Dr.K.S.RAO “A neural network model for predicting epileptic seizures based on Fourier-Bessel Functions” International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Vol.7, No.5 (2014), pp.299-308.
- Shaik.Jakeer Husain and Dr.K.S.Rao “An Artificial Neural Network Model for Classification of Epileptic Seizures Using Huang-Hilbert Transform” International Journal on Soft Computing (IJSC) Vol. 5, No. 3, November 2014
- G. Deepika and Dr. K.S.Rao “A Low Power CMOS Analog Circuit Design For Acquiring MultiChannel EEG Signals” International Journal of VLSI design & Communication Systems (VLSICS) Vol.6, No.1, February 2015.
- Deepika and Dr.K.S.Rao “A Low Power Decoding Circuitry for a Multi Channel Data Acquisition System using Gate Diffusion Input “International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Engineering Volume 6, Issue 3, May 2015.
- Deepika and Dr.K.S.Rao “A Low Power Low noise Amplifier for Recording Neural Signals”ARPN journal of Engineering and Applied sciences,Vol 11, No.5 March2016
- Hari Priya, Dr.A.C.S.Sastry, Dr.K.S.Rao “FPGA Based Design and Implementation for Detecting Cardiac Arrythmias” ARPN journal of Engineering and Appliedsciences, Vol 11, No.5 March 2016
- Hari Priya, ACS Sastry and K S Rao “A 0.5V low power single stage folded cascode amplifier for bio-signals “ ARPN journal of Engineering and Applied sciences, VOL. 11,NO. 24, DECEMBER 2016
- Hari Priya, ACS Sastry and K S Rao “Low power CMOS circuit design for R wave detection and shaping in ECG “ ARPN journal of Engineering and Applied sciences, Vol 12, Issue 1, Jan 2017.
- G.Deepika and K.S.Rao“FPGA Implementation of“HUANG HILBERT Transform for Classification
of Epileptic Seizures using Artificial Neural Network” International Journal of VLSI design and Communication Systems (VLSICS) Vol.10, No.3, June 2019 DOI : 10.5121/vlsic.2019.10302 19
- B. Anupama, S.Laxmi Narayana and K. S. Rao “ANN modelfor Detection and Identification of sleep stages “ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, VOL. 14, NO. 15, AUGUST 2019 ISSN 1819-6608.
- 1997 PhD in Electronics Engineering from VRCE ( Presently NIT) Nagpur under Nagpur University.
- 1987-1989 M.Tech Electronic Instrumentation from REC Warangal ( Presently NITW) Kakatiya University
- 1982-1986 B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation with First Class from KITS, Warangal under Kakatiya University