Dr. Karunakar got his Ph.D. in Mathematics from NIT Rourkela, Odisha in 2019. He received his M. Sc. in Applied Mathematics from NIT Warangal in 2009. He joined the Department of Mathematics at Anurag University as an Assistant Professor in 2021. He has over 11 years of teaching and research experience. Dr. Karunakar published 9 papers in reputed international journals. He is the co-author of a book entitled “Advanced Numerical Methods and Semi Analytical Methods for Differential Equations” which was published in Wiley. He published four (4) book chapters (2-Springer, 1-Wiley and 1- Elsevier). Also, he has published three (3) conference papers. He is serving as the Editorial Assistant of International Journal of Fuzzy Computation and Modeling.
His research area includes fuzzy/interval uncertainty
shallow water wave equations
differential equation with uncertain parameters and uncertain linear system of equations.
Ordinary Differential Equations
Partial differential equations
Functions of complex variables
Computational Method in Engineering
Probability and statistics.
- P. Karunakar and S. Chakraverty, “Comparison of Solutions of Linear and Non-linear Shallow Water Wave Equations using Homotopy Perturbation Method”, Int. Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 27(9) (2017):2015-2029. (Indexing: SCI )
- S. Chakraverty, B. K. Sahoo, T. D. Rao, P. Karunakar and B. K. Sapra, ”Modelling uncertainties in the diffusionadvection equation for radon transport in soil using interval arithmetic”, Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, 182 (2018): 165-171.(Indexing: SCI )
- P. Karunakar and S. Chakraverty, “Solving Fully Interval Linear System of Equations Using Tolerable Criteria”, Soft Computing, 22(14) (2018):4811-4818. (Indexing: SCI )
- P. Karunakar and S. Chakraverty, “Solution of interval shallow water wave equations using homotopy perturbation method”, Engineering Computations, 35(4) (2018):1610-1624. (Indexing: SCI )
- P. Karunakar and S. Chakraverty, “Solving Shallow Water Equations with Crisp and Uncertain Initial Conditions”, Int. Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 28(12) (2018):2801-2815. (Indexing: SCI )
- P. Karunakar and S. Chakraverty, “Effect of Coriolis Constant on Geophysical Korteweg-de Vries Equation”, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Science,4(2) (2019):113-121. (Indexing: Scopus )
- P. Karunakar and S. Chakraverty, “Shifted Chebyshev Polynomials Based Solution of Partial Differential Equations”, SN Applied Sciences, 1(4) (2019):285. (Indexing: Scopus )
- P. Karunakar and S. Chakraverty, “Solutions of time fractional third and fifth order Kortewege-de-Varies equations using homotopy perturbation transform method”, Engineering Computations, 36(7) (2019):2309-2326. (Indexing: SCI )
- P. Karunakar and S. Chakraverty, “Numerical solution of classical nonlinear shallow water model of tsunami wave propagation”, Int. Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, (2020). (Indexing: SCI )
- 2015-2019 Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha, India
- 2011-2012 Bachelor of Education, Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda , Telangana, India
- 2007-2009 Master of Science in Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Telangana, India
- 2004-2007 Bachelor of Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.