Md. Sikindar Baba received a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from Osmania University in 2001 and a Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering from Jawaharlal Technological University, Hyderabad in 2019. He is having more than 18 years of teaching experience and published 10 papers in international journals and 5 in international conferences. He is actively implementing collaborative teaching learning methods to enable the student centric learning and outcome-based education. He is a Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education.
Sikindar Baba’s research interests revolve around heat transfer and thermal sciences. His research work comprises of study of heat transfer enhancement using nanofluids in heat exchangers. The work involves the estimation of heat transfer enhancement and pressure drop using internal fins in the heat exchangers with the flow of nanofluids. Currently he is actively involved in analysing the effect of presence of different profiles of fins in the inner and outer side of the heat exchangers.
Sikindar Baba has taught undergraduate classes in Engineering Graphics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulic Machines, Thermal Engineering, Refrigeration & Air- conditioning, Automobile Engineering and Heat Transfer.
- Sikindar Baba, Nagakisore, S, “The Design and Material Optimization of exhaust flange,” Int. J. Mech. Prod. Eng. Res. Dev., vol. 9, pp. 21–27, 2019.
- Md.Sikindar Baba, A.V.Sita Rama Raju, M.Bhagvanth Rao, “Heat transfer enhancement and pressure drop of Fe 3 O 4 -water nanofluid in a double tube counter flow heat exchanger with internal longitudinal fins”, Journal of Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, vol. 12, pp. 600–607, 2018.
- K Srinivasa Chalapathi, Ch. Bhavanarayana Murthy, Md. Sikindar baba,” State ofthe Art Research on Catalytic Converters for Automobiles – A Review”, 2393-8374, Vol. 5, issue-4, pp 252 – 256 International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research, 2018.
- Mohammad. Sikindar baba, M.Bhagvanth Rao, A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Experimental study of convective heat transfer in a finned tube counter flow heat exchanger with Fe 3 O 4 -water nanofluid”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, vol. 8, no. 11, ,pp. 500-509, 2017.
- Md.Sikindar baba, M.Bhagvanth Rao, A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Heat transfer enhancement in Fe 3 O 4 -water nanofluid through a finned tube counter flow heat exchanger”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 12, pp. 15709-15714, 2017.
- Sikindar baba. Md, M.Bhagvanth Rao, A.V.Sita Rama Raju, “Optimization overall heat transfer coefficient in flow through double pipe heat exchanger using CFD ”, Journal of Discovery Engineering, vol.4, no. 12, pp. 262-276, 2016.
- Sikindar Baba , T. V. Rao, S. Naga Kishore, “The Result Of Hot Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) On Thermal Performance And Emission Characteristics Of Diesel Engine With palm Oil Methyl Ester,” Int. J. Mech. Prod. Eng. Res. Dev., vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 47–54, 2014.
- Sikindar Baba.Md, Nagakishore.S, Prof.M.Bhagvanth “Thermal Analysis on a Finned Tube Heat Exchanger of a Two Stage Air Compressor. International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology “, Vol. 2 Issue V, May 2014.
- Md.Sikindar baba, Dr.M.Bhagvanth Rao and Dr.A.V.Sita Rama Raju “Experimental studies of forced convective heat transfer on concentric tube in tube heat exchanger with Fe 3 O 4 -DI water nanofluid”, 1 st International Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering ,September 23-24, 2016, ICFAI Foundation of Higher Education, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- A. Padmaja and M. S. Baba, “Open Education Resource on Heat Transfer: An Effective ICT Tool for Faculty and Students,” J. Eng. Educ. Transform., vol. 33, no. 0, pp. 576–581, Jan. 2020.
- M. S.Baba and A. Padmaja, “Designing of Flipped Classroom Approach To Teach Heat Transfer Course,” J. Eng. Educ. Transform. Spec. Issue, pp. 2394–1707, 2016.
Awards and Honors
- 2020 IGIP International Engineering Educator Award
- 2018 Best Teacher Award, Anurag Group of Institutions
- 2015 Certified International Engineering Educator, IUCEE – IGIP
- 2015 Certified Microsoft Educator
- 2015 Received Minor Research Grant of Rs. 3.05 Lacs from UGC
- 2019 Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
- 2005 Master of Technology in Energy Systems from College of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
- 2001 Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from Muffakham Jah College of Engineering and Technology, Osmania University.