Dr. P.V.N Prasad received B.Tech (EEE) from JNTU and M.E (IDC) & PhD (EE) from Osmania University. Retired as Professor of Electrical Engineering & Dean, Faculty of Engg. from O.U. Presently serving as Professor of EEE and Dean (Academic & Planning) in Anurag University. Also served as Head, Department of Electrical Engg.& Director, Curriculum Development Audit & Accreditation Cell (CDAAC) in UCE (A), O.U and Addl. Controller of Examinations (EDP) & Chairperson, BoS (EE), O.U. He was a Member of Academic Senate (OU) and Member of Academic Council & In-charge Confidential), Exam Cell, Special Invitee, Governing Body of UCE (A). Has a teaching experience of over 33 years &a research experience 25 years; published more than 120 Technical papers in National & International journals &conferences with over 400 citations and also reviewed many technical papers for national &international publications. Five students obtained degree in PhD under his supervision and currently more than ten research scholars are perusing PhD. He is a Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India) and Life member of ISTE. He visited countries like Thailand, Italy, U.S.A and Singapore to present technical papers. He has delivered expert lectures in various Engg. Colleges, ESCI and other Industries. More than 45 PhD reports were adjudicated and more than 40 M.E / M.Tech. theses were supervised by him. He was a member, BoS (EE) of various affiliated colleges of O.U and J.N.T.U.H & its affiliated colleges and also Chairperson, BoS (EE) of Mahatma Gandhi University. He was Chairman of UGC expert committee for granting Autonomous status to a Govt. Engg. College and also member of NBA evaluation committee. He was member of a committee in JNTUH as Governor nominee.
Reliability in Power System and Power Electronic Drives, Special Electrical Machines & Drives
Power Electronics, Electric Machines & Drives, Reliability Engg.
- PrasadP.V.N, K.R.M.Rao. “Reliability models of repairable systems considering the effect of operating conditions.” Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium. 2002 Proceedings, IEEE, 2002.
- Prasad P.V.N, K.R.M.Rao. “Failure analysis and replacement strategies of distribution transformers using proportional hazard modelling.” Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium, 2003, IEEE, 2003.
- Somanatham.R, P.V.N Prasad, A.D.Rajkumar. “Simulation of PMBLDC motor with sinusoidal excitation using trapezoidal control strategy.” 2006 1st IEEE Conf. on Industrial Electronics and Applications. IEEE, 2006.
- Somanatham.R, P.V.NPrasad, A.D.Rajkumar. “Modelling and simulation of sensorless control of PMBLDC motor using zero-crossing back EMF detection.” International Symposium on Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Automation and Motion, SPEEDAM 2006, IEEE, 2006.
- Srinivas.P,P.V.N.Prasad. “Voltage control and hysteresis current control of a 8/6 switched reluctance motor.” 2007 International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), IEEE, 2007.
- J.Manikya Rao, P.V.N.Prasad, and G.Tulasi Ram Das. “Customer outage cost evaluation in electric power systems.” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 5.8 (2010): 88-96.
- E.Vidyasagar, P.V.N.Prasad. “Reliability evaluation of automated radial distribution system.” 2010 IEEE 11th International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems. IEEE, 2010.
- Srinivas.P, and P.V.N Prasad. “Torque ripple minimization of 4 phase 8/6 switched reluctance motor drive with direct instantaneous torque control.” International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics 3.4 (2011): 488.
- Srinivas.P, P.V.N Prasad. “Direct instantaneous torque control of 4 phase 8/6 switched reluctance motor.” International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive System (IJPEDS) Vol 1 (2011): 121-128.
- Vidyasagar.E, P.V.N.Prasad. “Reliability assessment of radial feeder for different automation intensity levels.” 2011 IEEE Recent Advances in Intelligent Computational Systems. IEEE, 2011.
- Vidyasagar.E, P.V.N.Prasad, Ather Fatima. “Reliability improvement of a radial feeder using multiple fault passage indicators.” Energy Procedia 14 (2012): 223-228.
- Reddy.S Chandrashekhar, P.V.N.Prasad, A.Jaya Laxmi. “Reliability improvement of distribution system by optimal placement of DGs using PSO and neural network.” 2012 International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEET). IEEE, 2012.
- Reddy.S. Chandrashekhar, P.V.N.Prasad. “Power quality improvement of distribution system by optimal placement of distributed generators using GA and NN.” Proceedings of the International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS 2011) December 20-22, 2011. Springer, India, 2012.
- E.V.C.Sekhara Rao, P.V.N.Prasad, ”FEM Analysis of PMH Stepper Motor Using PDETOOL Simulations of Matlab for Different Topologies’, ISSN: 1693–6930, TELKOMNIKA, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 4, August 2012
- E.V.C.SekharaRao, P.V.N.Prasad, “Torque Analysis of Permanent Magnet Hybrid Stepper Motor using Finite Element Method for Different Design Topologies”, International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems, Vol. 2, No. 1, March 2012
- Reddy S. Chandrashekhar, P.V.N.Prasad, A.Jaya Laxmi. “Power quality and reliability improvement of distribution system by optimal number, location and size of DGs using particle swarm optimization.” 2012 IEEE 7th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS). IEEE, 2012.
- Reddy.S. Chandrashekhar, P.V.N.Prasad, A.Jaya Laxmi. “Hybrid approach for voltage sag mitigation in distribution system by optimal location and size of distributed generation.” Journal of Electrical Systems 9.2 (2013): 150-166.
- Vidyasagar.E, P.V.N.Prasad. “Reliability improvement of radial distribution system with smart grid technology.” Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science. Vol. 1. 2013.
- Abhiram.T, P.V.N.Prasad. “Type-2 fuzzy logic based controllers for indirect vector controlled SVPWM based two-level inverter fed induction motor drive.” 2014 IEEE 6th India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE). IEEE, 2014.
- Srinivas. P, P.V.N.Prasad. “Comparative analysis of DTC based switched reluctance motor drive using torque equation and FEA models.” International Journal of Energy and Power Engineering 8.3 (2014): 519-524.
- Sailaja.Ch.V.S.S, P.V.N.Prasad. “Determination of optimal distributed generation size for losses, protection Co-ordination and reliability Evaluation Using ETAP.” 2016 Biennial International Conference on Power and Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE). IEEE, 2016.
- Sailaja.Ch.V.S.S and P.V.N.Prasad. “Reliability and cost benefit analysis of DG integrated distribution system.” Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics 5.4 (2016): 383-389.
- Abhiram. T, P.V.N.Prasad. “Neuro-fuzzy controlled hybrid PWM method for two-level inverter fed three phase induction motor drive.” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES). IEEE, 2016.
- Rafi.K.Mahammad,P.V.N.Prasad. “Comparison of control algorithms for power factor correction in a distribution system using DSTATCOM.” 2017 IEEE International Conference on Power, Control, Signals and Instrumentation Engineering (ICPCSI). IEEE, 2017.
- Sreeshobha. E., and P.V.N Prasad. “Markov modelling based reliability evaluation of UPFC incorporated IEEE 9 bus system.” TENCON 2019-2019 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON). IEEE, 2019.
- B.Tech (EEE) in 1983 from JNTU, Hyderabad
- M.E (IDC) in 1986
- PhD (EE) in 2002 from Osmania University