S Madhu received a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) from Bangalore University in 1989, a Master of Engineering (Machine Design) from Bangalore University in 1992 and a PhD in Advanced Composites from Jawaharlal Technological University, Kakinada in 2014. His initial academic appointment was at Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Surathkal, Mangalore. He moved to the Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai in the year 1996 as Senior Project Officer. He then moved to Industries and served in various capacities both in Manufacturing and Software sectors. He returned to academics again in 2002 and served Koneru Laxmaiah College of Engineering, Vijayawada. In 2003, he joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Adama University, Nazareth. He returned to India in the year 2009 and served as Academician in various colleges in various capacities. He is a Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education.
S. Madhu’s research interests revolve around Advanced Composites. His research work comprises of Design and Analysis of Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Reinforced Polymer Composites. The work mainly involves finding the suitability of CNT Reinforced Polymer Composites in Structural Applications under various loading and boundary conditions using Classical Laminate Plate Theory. Currently he is actively involved in analysing the results obtained using the other theories
S. Madhu has taught undergraduate classes in Engineering Graphics, Strength of Materials, Metallurgy and Materials Science, Theory of Machines and Design of Machine Members. For post graduate students he taught Advanced Strength of Materials, Design Optimization.
- S. Madhu, V. V. Subba Rao, P. Pramod Kumar, and K. Chandramouli, “Static and Dynamic Anaslyis of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Polymer Composite Plates,” Materials Science Research Journal, Volume 6, Number 3-4, ISSN: 1935-2441, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2012.
- S. Madhu, V. V. Subba Rao and P. Pramod Kumar, “Buckling Analysis of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Polymer Composite Plates, ” International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering and Technology, vol 3-2, pp 51-54, ISSN: 2249-5770, May-Oct, 2013.
- S. Madhu, V.V.Subba Rao, “Effect of Carbon Nanotube Reinforcement in Polymer Composite Plates under Static Loading”, International Journal of Chemical, Nuclear, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Vol:8 No:3, 2014
- P.Bhaskara Reddy, R.Praven Reddy, S.Madhu , “Understanding the Cognitive Processes involved in Technological Entrepreneurial Opportunity Recognition”, Transactions on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Volume 3 Issue 5, October 2015
- S. Madhu, A.V. Krishna Chaitanya and P. Bridjesh, ”Effects of Diethyl Ether on Performance and Emission Characteristics of a Diesel Engine Using Toroidal Profile Bowl Piston by Varying Injection Pressure”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET) Vol:8 Issue No:6, June 2017.
- Subramanyam B, P. Bridjesh and Madhu S, ” Manufacturing of Steering Components for a Race Car”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET) Vol:8 Issue No:6, June 2017.
- P. Bridjesh, Subramanyam B and Madhu S, Design and Analysis of Steering Components for a Race Car”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET) Vol:8 Issue No:6, June 2017.
- Peyyala Pramod Kumar, S Madhu, V Venkata Subba Rao, Correlation of CLPT and FSDT Responses in CNT/ Polymer Composite Beams under deflection and Buckling, IJRTE Published. ISSN:2277-3878, Volume – 8, Issue-2, July 2019.
- 2014 Doctor of Philosophy in Jawaharlal Technological University, Kakinada
- 1992 Master of Engineering in Machine Design from BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore University.
- 1989 Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Bangalore University.