Dr. Sandeep Singh Rawat received his Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science) from National Institute of Technology, Surat (formerly REC, Surat) in 2000, a Masters (Information Technology) from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee in 2003 and Ph.D in Computer Science & Engineering from University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad in 2014. He was a Research Scholar and Visiting Professor at Iowa State University, USA from 2016 – 2018. His initial academic appointment was at Vignan’s Group of Institutions. He moved to the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Guru Nanak Group of Institutions in 2009 as Professor and served as Head of the department from 2009 to 2016. In 2018, he joined the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Anurag Group of Institutions, Hyderabad as Professor. He is a Life Members of Indian Society for Technical Education and Computer Society India and Senior Member of IEEE and serves as Co-Editors of prestigious Springer AISC (Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing) and LNNS (Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems) series.
Dr. Sandeep Rawat’s research interests revolve around extracting data from huge databases and its impacts to applications ranging from transportation, business management, health care, and market analysis, to engineering design and science exploration. Due to the wide availability of huge amounts of data in the Education System and the imminent need for turning such data into useful information and knowledge, his research wing (Data Mining & Analytics) has involved a great deal of attention in Education Data Mining and it represents a real challenge. His research wing is also particularly interested in understanding the scope of the existing algorithms and develop novel approaches for discovering useful patterns. Another area of interest would be related to design and implement new systems to better respond to diversity in both hardware and application demands.
Dr. Sandeep Rawat has taught undergraduate classes in Operating Systems, Database Systems, Software Engineering and Data Warehousing and Data Mining. He has also taught graduate classes in Software Architecture and Distributed Database Systems.
- Sandeep Singh Rawat, S. Deepika, Hiding Lab Exercise in the Technical Education System: A Case Study (Oculto), 2020.
- Sandeep Singh Rawat, Anuj Sharma, Big Data Application: Selection of Sites of INRIX Probe-data Stream for Real-time Performance Monitoring, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, ISSN: 2249-8958, Volume-8 Issue-5, 2019.
- Sharma, A., Ahsani, V., Rawat, S., Evaluation of opportunities and challenges of using INRIX data for real-time performance monitoring and historical trend assessment, Iowa State Digital Repository, SPR – P1 (14) M007, 2017.
- Rawat, Sandeep & Saidulu, Shaik & Ranjan, Rasmi, Secure ATM Door Locking System Using RFID, 2016.
- S. S. Rawat, S. S. Reddy et al., Ascertaining the Factors Influencing Students’ Performance for Engineering Pedagogy, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, pp. 30-33, 2015.DOI: 10.16920/jeet/2015/v0i0/59408
- Rawat, S.S., and Rajamani, L., Discovering Rare Association Rules using Probability Apriori in Grid Environments. Proceedings of the International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS 2011), AISC 131, pp. 527-539, 2012.
- Sandeep Singh Rawat and Lakshmi Rajamani, Probability Apriori based Approach to Mine Rare Association Rules, 3rd Conference on Data Mining and Optimization (DMO), 2011.DOI: 10.1109/DMO.2011.5976537
- Rawat S.S., Rajamani L., A Timetable Prediction for Technical Education System using Genetic Algorithm, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol. 13(1), pp. 59- 64, 2010.
- Sandeep Singh Rawat, Lakshmi Rajamani, Discovering potential user browsing behaviors using custom-built apriori algorithm, International journal of computer science & information Technology (IJCSIT) Vol.2, No.4, August 2010.
DOI : 10.5121/ijcsit.2010.2403
- Rawat, S.S., Rajamani, L., Performance of Distributed Apriori Algorithms on a Computational Grid. In: Asia-Pacific Services Computing Conference, pp. 163–167. IEEE, 2009.DOI: 10.1109/APSCC.2009.5394128
- S. S. Rawat and L. Rajamani, Experiments with CPU Scheduling Algorithm on a Computational Grid, Proceedings of IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC 2009), 2009. DOI: 10.1109/IADCC.2009.4808983
- 2016-2018 Institute for Transportation, Iowa State University, Iowa. Research Scholar with Mentor Dr. Anuj Sharma.
- 2009-2014 Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science & Engineering, from University College of Engineering,
Osmania University, Hyderabad.Thesis advisor: Dr. Lakshmi Rajamani.
- 2001-2003 Masters in Information Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- 1996-2000 Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, National Institute of Technology, Surat (formerly REC, Surat).