Dr. VasudhaBakshi, Dean, School of Pharmacy has 18 years of Academic experience. Her commitment, dedication and passion towards her profession makes unique person. She has obtained M Pharm from Manipal University, and Doctorate from SNDT University, Mumbai. During her Doctorate she received SRF from Department of Biotechnology. She has rich experience in research having good scopus indexed publications in national as well as international journals with citations of 506, h index of 10 and i10 index of 12. Recognised as a research supervisor in JNTUH.She has more than 90 research publications,6 books & 4 Patents. She organized various National & International Conferences, workshops, Faculty development programs. She delivered lectures in many National & International conferences, FDPs. She is the member of PCI Inspectors. She is the Life member of IPS, IPA, APTI Professional bodies, and also as institutional ethical committee member at GLOBAL hospitals. Presently she is guiding three research scholars for their Ph.Dprogramme in Pharmaceutical sciences and two scholars have been awarded doctoral degree.
Developing, optimizing and formulation of insitu gels for nasal, ocular and dental.
Preparation, characterization and optimization of drug loaded microspheres using factorial design, Antiarthritic and inflammatory studies with various isolated plant extracts as well as synthetic drugs.
Studying the polycystic ovary syndrome using various animal models and estimating the efficacy and the benefial activity for various natural components.
Novel Drug Delivery System
Post Graduate courses
Advanced Physical Pharmacy
Computed Aided Drug Delivery system
Advanced Novel Drug Delivery system
- Jagdish Kumar Arun, RajeshwaeVodeti, BirendraShrivastava, VasudhaBakshi; Integrated Quality by design approach for developing nanolipidic drug delivery systems of OlmestartanMedoxomil with enhanced anti-hypertensive action.; Advanced Pharmaceutical Bulletin; 10; 03; 379-368; 2020;
- NarenderBoggula, M. AkifulHaque, CherukuriSravanthi, BuruguRakshandaGoud, VasudhaBakshi; Development and Validation of zero and first order spectrophotometric method for determination of Levomilnacipran in bulk formulation; Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research; 12; 03; 443-447; 2020; 0975-1459
- Swapna S, R.ShyamSundar, VasudhaBakshi; Design, In vitro characterization and optimization of Mefanimic acid loaded carboxy methyl chitosan nanoparticle; Journal of Global Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences; 11; 01,7264-7272; 2020; 2230-7346
- K Sunand, G Krishna Mohan, VasudhaBakshi; Supplementation of Lactobacillus Probiotic Strains Supports Gut- Brain-Axis and Defends Autistic Deficits Occurred by Valproic Acid-Induced Prenatal Model of Autism; PHARMACOGN J; 12;6;1658-1669;2020;0975-3575.
- K. Rama Devi, D. Ashok, K. S. K. RaoPatnaik, RajuBathula,S.Shobha Rani, VasudhaBhakshi; Synthesis of Quinoline Derivatives by Microwave Irradiation Method and Evaluation for Their Anti-Helminthic Activity; IOSR Journal Of Pharmacy And Biological Sciences; 14;1;16-22;2019;2319-7676
- SundeepChaurasia, KuchukuntlaMounika, VasudhaBakshi, Vure Prasad. 3-month parenteral PLGA microsphere formulations of risperidone: Fabrication, characterization and neuropharmacological assessments. Materials Science and Engineering C.75, 1496-1505, 2017.
- P Sushma Reddy, Nazia Begum, SumithMutha, VasudhaBakshi, Beneficial effect of curcumin in letrozole induced polycystic ovary syndrome. Asian Pacific Journal of Reproduction, 5(2) 116-122, 2016.
- Vijaylaxmi A, Vasudha B, NaziaBezum, Kowmudi V, Naveen Kumar, Yogesh Reddy Anti-Arthritic and Anti-inflammatory Activity of BetaCaryophyllene against Fruends complete Adjuvant Induced Arthritis in Wistar Rats. Journal of Bone Reports and Recommendation, 29 (1), 1-15, 2015.
- MadhaviHarikaSrimathkandala, Krishna Sanka, VasudhaBakshi, and Prakash V. Diwan. Formulation and optimization of thermoresponsivegatifloxacin ocular in situ gel using 3 factorial design: invitro and invivo evaluation, Der Pharmacia Letters, 6 (4), 95-106, 2014.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Received financial assistance of Rs 75,000/- from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) for organizing National Conference on” Recent Advancements in Nanoscale Particles to be held on 11-12 Feb, 2016.
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT) had awarded Senior Research Fellowship (2003-2005)
- 2001- Department of Pharmacy, DSTS College of Pharmacy, Kolhapur University, Solapur
- 2003- Master of Pharmaceutics, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, manipal
- 2009- Department of Pharmacy, Doctoral Research and studies, C U Shah College of Pharmacy, SNDT University, Mumbai