Vijayakumar Yelsani obtained Master degree in Science (Physics) from Osmania University in 2005. He received PhD in Physics from Osmania University in 2015. And he was a UGC-RAMAN postdoctoral fellow in TECS, NC State University, USA from 2016 to 2017. Also worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics, CMR Technical Campus, Hyderabad from 2015 to 2021. He joined in the Department of Physics at Anurag University as an Assistant Professor in Jan 2021. He is a life member of the Indian Science Congress Association and Magnetics Society of India. He completed the online specialization course on Introduction to data science offered by IBM through Coursera and NPTEL courses Non-conventional energy resources and Solar photovoltaics: fundamentals, technology and applications. He has expertise in establishing nanomaterials and thin film research labs.
Preparation of thin films and nanomaterials by chemical and physical methods
Semiconductor metal oxide thin films for TCO, Gas sensors and Photocatalysis
Anode and cathode materials for DSSC, QDSSC, Perovskite solar cells and Li-ion batteries
Vijayakumar has taught Applied Physics, Engineering Physics and Nanotechnology for undergraduate engineering students.
- Y. Vijayakumar, P. Nagaraju, Veeraswamy Yaragani, Saidi Reddy Parne, Nasser S. Awwad, M.V. Ramana Reddy Nanostructured Al and Fe co-doped ZnO thin films for enhanced ammonia detection, Physica B: Physics of Condensed Matter 581 (2020) 411976
- P. Nagaraju, Y. Vijayakumar, M.V. Ramana Reddy, U.P. Deshpande, Effect of vanadium pentoxide concentration in ZnO/V2O5 nanostructured composite thin films for toluene detection, RSC Advances., 2019 ,9, 16515-16524
- Durgam Komaraiah, Eppa Radha, Y Vijayakumar, Juluru Sivakumar, Musku Venkata Ramana Reddy, Rodda Sayanna, Effect of annealing temperature on spectroscopic features and photocatalytic activity of TiO2:0.07Eu+3 nanoparticles, Mater. Res. Express 6 076433 2019
- P Nagaraju, Y Vijayakumar, GLN Reddy, MVR Reddy, ZnO wrinkled nanostructures: enhanced BTX sensing, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 1-9, 2018
- Y Vijayakumar, Ganesh Kumar Mani, Dhivya Ponnusamy, Prabakaran Shankar, Arockia Jayalatha Kulandaisamy, Kazuyoshi Tsuchiya, John Bosco Balaguru Rayappan, MV Ramana Reddy, V2O5 nanofibers: Potential contestant for high-performance xylene sensor, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 731, 2018, 805-812
- P Nagaraju, Y Vijayakumar, RJ Choudhary, MVR Reddy, Preparation and characterization of nanostructured Gd doped cerium oxide thin films by pulsed laser deposition for acetone sensor application, Materials Science and Engineering: B 226, 2017, 99-106
- Y. Vijayakumar, Ganesh Kumar Mani, M.V. Ramana Reddy, John Bosco Balaguru Rayappan, Nanostructured flower like V2O5 thin films and its room temperature sensing characteristics, Ceramics International, 41 (2015) 2221–2227.
- Short-term training on the fabrication of high- quality Li-ion Battery electrodes at ADVANO, New Orleans, USA.
- 2016-2017 Raman Postdoctoral research fellow, N C State University, USA.
- 2015 Doctor of Philosophy in Physics(Materials Science), Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- 2005 Master of Science (Physics), Osmania University, Hyderabad.