Dr. Hemanth Kumar Boyina received his Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2007 & Master of Pharmacy in 2010 from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka. He received his Doctorate in 2019 from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Telangana in Pharmaceutical sciences (Pharmacology). In 2010 he joined this institution and currently working as Associate professor in Department of Pharmacology. He has 11 years of teaching experience and also actively involved in research. He received DST-SERB travel grant in 2017 and Congress Bursary Award for presenting his research at WCN-2017 in Japan .He also received ICMR travel grant in 2019 and presented his PhD work at PHC60-2019 at NUS, Singapore. He has published 3 book chapters and 10 research papers in various national and international journals. He has guided more than 30 under graduate and 25 post graduate students in their academic research projects. Currently he is mentoring the M.pharm, Pharm. D and PhD students guiding them to progress and excel in their curricular and co-curricular activities. He is a registered Pharmacist from Telangana and Life member of Indian Pharmacological society, International Natural Product Task Force (INPST) and Digital Health and Patient Safety Platform (DHPSP).As a potential peer reviewer he has reviewed more than 25 papers for various international Journals like Pharmaceutical biology, European Journal of Pharmacology and Phytotherapy Research.
- Pharmacological Screening of natural and synthetic drug molecules for neurodegenerative disorders.
- Behavioral analysis using video tracking system and different mazes.
- Animal handling and administration of drugs through different routes in albino rats/mice and New Zealand rabbits.
- Drug-Drug Interactions and Pharmacokinetic Studies.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacology and Toxicological Screening Methods
- Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics
- Principles of Drug Discovery.
- Maria Kletecka-Pulker, Mathias Maleczek, Hemanth Kumar Boyina, and Atanas G. Atanasov et al..Impacts of biomedical hashtag-based Twitter campaign: #DHPSP utilization for promotion of open innovation in digital health, patient safety, and personalized medicine,Current Research in Biotechnology,3,2021,146-153, https://doi.org/10.1016/j. crbiot.2021.04.004.
- Ravula AR, Teegala SB, Kalakotla S, Pasangulapati JP, Perumal V, Boyina HK. Fisetin, potential flavonoid with multifarious targets for treating neurological disorders: An updated review. Eur J Pharmacol. 2021;910:174492. doi:10.1016/j.ejphar.2021.174492. I.F: 4.4
- Radhakrishnam Raju.Ruddarraju ,Gangarapu.Kiran ,Adharvana Chari. Murugulla, Ravichandar.Maroju , Devarakonda Krishna Prasad, Boyina Hemanth Kumar,Nukala Shravya Reddy, synthesis and biological evaluation of theophylline containing variant acetylene derivatives as -amylase inhibitors. Bioorg Chem. 2019 Nov; 92:103120. I.F:5.2
- Boyina HK, Kumar JM, Kumar BD, Diwan PV, Influence of fisetin combined with hesperidin on chronic mild hyperhomocysteinemia induced cognitive dysfunction and oxidative stress in wistar rats.Pharma Nutrition, 2018, 6 (3) :125-136.
- Hemanth Kumar B, Dinesh Kumar B, Diwan PV, Hesperidin, a citrus flavonoid, protects against l-methionine-induced hyperhomocysteinemia by abrogation of oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction and neurotoxicity in Wistar rats. Pharmaceutical Biology. 2017, 55(1):146-155. I.F:3.5
- Hemanth Kumar B, Arun Reddy R, Mahesh Kumar J, Dinesh Kumar B, Diwan PV. Effects of fisetin on hyperhomocysteinemia- induced experimental endothelial dysfunction and vascular dementia. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, 2017, 95(1):32-42. I.F:2.2
- Jayasingh Chellammal Hanish Singh, Rahul Motiram Kakalij, Rahul Padmakar Kshirsagar, Boyina Hemanth Kumar, Komakula Sai Santosh Babu, and Prakash Vamanrao Diwan, Cognitive effects of vanillic acid against streptozotocin-induced neurodegeneration in mice, Pharmaceutical Biology, 2015,53(5):630-6. I.F:3.5
- Kakalij RM, Alla CP, Kshirsagar RP, Kumar BH, Mutha SS, Diwan PV. Ameliorative effect of Elaeocarpus ganitrus on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 2014, 46:298-302. I.F: 1.2
- Edula Vinitha , Hanish J.C. Singh , Rahul Motiram Kakalij , Rahul Padmakar Kshirsagar,Boyina Hemanth Kumar, Prakash V. Diwan. Neuroprotective effect of Prunus avium on streptozotocin induced neurotoxicity in mice. Biomedicine and Preventive Nutrition, 2014, 4, (4) 519–525.
- Kumar BH, Joshi B, Singh JC, Diwan PV. Drug-drug interaction between voriconazole and oral hypoglycemic agents in diabetic rats. Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 2013; 45:155-8. I.F: 1.2
Selected Honors & Awards:
- 2021- Outstanding Faculty award during India-Global Education & Skill Summit 2021 India-Global Virtual Awards Ceremony from Government of Telangana, Collegiate Education & Technical Education Department and Indi Global Media Network.
- 2020 – Second Prize in E Learning Day-ASK THE EXPERTS. Online Oral Presentation Competition, School of Pharmacy, International Medical University (IMU), Malaysia.
- 2019 – Prof .B.Uvnas Prize, 5th IUPHAR WCPNP-2019 & 51st IPSCON-2019, NIN ICMR, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- 2019 – Received ICMR travel grant for International Conference on Pharmacology: Advances in Translational Sciences & Drug Discovery, Singapore
- 2018 – Best paper Award in 3rd World congress ‘Genetics, Geriatrics & Neurodegenerative diseases research, Toronto, Canada.
- 2017 – Received Congress Bursary Award &DST- SERB Travel Grant for World congress of Neurology, Kyoto, Japan.
- 2015 – Prof. G. Achari Prize for 48th Annual Pharmacological Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society, Saurashtra University,Rajkot,Gujarat.
- 2007- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences, Karnataka.
- 2010- Master of Pharmacy, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences, Karnataka.
- 2019- Doctorate in Pharmacy, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad Telangana.