Hemanth Kumar Boyina received a Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2007 & Master of Pharmacy in 2010 from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka. He received his Doctorate in 2018 from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Telangana in Pharmaceutical sciences. In 2010 he joined the department of pharmacology as Assistant professor, at Lalitha College of Pharmacy and in 2017 he got promoted as Associate professor in School of Pharmacy, Anurag Group of Institutions, Hyderabad. He is teaching various pharmacy subjects to UG and PG courses, and actively involved in research. He has guided more than 30 under graduate and 20 post graduate students in their academic research projects. He is mentoring the M.pharm and Pharm. D students and guiding them to progress and excel in their curricular and co-curricular activities.
Dr.HemanthkumarBoyinaresearch interests involve pharmacological Screening of natural and synthetic drug molecules for neurodegenerative disorders like Parkinsonism, Alzheimer’s, and vascular dementia. Some of his research exposure and skills to note are:
Evaluation of potential neuroprotective effects of natural fruit dietary antioxidants in rat model of hyperhomocysteinemia-induced vascular dementia.
Analysis of various behavioral parameters using video tracking system customized with Maze-Master software using y-maze, morris water maze and elevated plus maze.
Analysis of endothelial dysfunction in rat aortic tissues by using Power lab (AD Instruments).
Estimation of various brain and serum biomarkers and histopathological parameters for understanding the mechanism of dietary antioxidants against oxidative stress and neurodegeneration.
Evaluation of potential Drug-Drug Interactions due to concomitant administration of Voriconazole ,Glibenclamide and Pioglitazone in normal and diabetic rat and rabbit models.
Analyzing and continuous monitoring of blood glucose levels at different time intervals using Auto analyzer ( GOD-POD method).
Animal handling and administration of drugs through different routes in rats/mice and rabbits.
Blood withdrawal through retro-orbital and marginal ear vein puncture for pharmacokinetic estimations.
Dr.HemanthkumarBoyina is teaching Undergraduate classes in Human Anatomy and Physiology, Pharmacology-II and Post graduate classes in Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Research Methodology and Biostatistics and Principles of Drug Discovery.
- B Hemanth Kumar and Prakash V Diwan. Role of Quinoa Diet in Cardiovascular Health in Quinoa (Quinoa Nutrition & Health Benefits) Paperback – 2015.Edited by Prakash V. Diwan, Longvah.T and SrinivasK.Rao. Published by: Indian Institute of Biotechnology Pvt Ltd; First edition (2015).ISBN-10: 8193222806;ISBN-13: 978-8193222805.
- B Hemanth Kumar,Sree Lakshmi Geethakrishnan,SwethaPanuganti,KiranGangarapu,KrishnaprasadDevarakonda,Vasudha Bakshi,SandhyaraniGuggilla. In Silico and In Vivo Studies on Quercetin as Potential Anti- Parkinson Agent. Genetics and Neurodegeneration, Genedis 2018, AdvExp Med Biol;Chapter-1,Vol:1195, ISBN: 978-3-030-32632-6. (In Press)
- B Hemanth Kumar,Jagadeesh Prasad pasangulapati,ArunreddyRavala,Dinesh Reddy Kanala,Dinesh Kumar Bharatraj,ShanmukhiBoyina,KiranGangarapu.Ocimum
Sanctum Linn: A Potential Adjunct Therapy for Hyperhomocysteinemia-Induced Vascular Dementia. Genetics and Neurodegeneration, Genedis 2018, AdvExp Med Biol;Chapter-30,Vol:1195, ISBN: 978-3-030-32632-6.(In Press)
- 2003-2007, Bachelor of Pharmacy, NET Pharmacy College, RGUHS, Karnataka.
- 2008-2010, Master of Pharmacy, NET Pharmacy College, RGUHS, Karnataka.
- 2012-2018, Doctorate in Pharmacy, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,Telangana.