Hemanth Kumar Boyina received a Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2007 & Master of Pharmacy in 2010 from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka. He received his Doctorate in 2018 from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Telangana in Pharmaceutical sciences. In 2010 he joined the department of pharmacology as Assistant professor, at Lalitha College of Pharmacy and in 2017 he got promoted as Associate professor in School of Pharmacy, Anurag Group of Institutions, Hyderabad. He is teaching various pharmacy subjects to UG and PG courses, and actively involved in research. He received ICMR travel grant in 2019 & DST-SERB travel grant in 2017. He published 1 book &has guided more than 30 under graduate and 20 post graduate students in their academic research projects. He is mentoring the M.pharm and Pharm. D students and guiding them to progress and excel in their curricular and co-curricular activities. He has Life membership in IPS, INPST,DHPS
Pharmacological Screening of natural and synthetic drug molecules for neurodegenerative disorders like Parkinsonism, Alzheimer’s, and vascular dementia.
Evaluation of potential neuroprotective effects of natural fruit dietary antioxidants in rat model of hyperhomocysteinemia-induced vascular dementia
Analysis of various behavioral parameters using video tracking system customized with Maze-Master software using y-maze, morris water maze and elevated plus maze.
Analysis of endothelial dysfunction in rat aortic tissues by using Power lab (AD Instruments).
Estimation of various brain and serum biomarkers and histopathological parameters for understanding the mechanism of dietary antioxidants against oxidative stress and neurodegeneration.
Evaluation of potential Drug-Drug Interactions due to concomitant administration of Voriconazole ,Glibenclamide and Pioglitazone in normal and diabetic rat and rabbit models.
Analyzing and continuous monitoring of blood glucose levels at different time intervals using Auto analyzer ( GOD-POD method).
Animal handling and administration of drugs through different routes in rats/mice and rabbits.
Blood withdrawal through retro-orbital and marginal ear vein puncture for pharmacokinetic estimations.
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology
Research Methodology and Biostatistics
Principles of Drug Discovery.
- Boyina HK,Geethakhrishnan SL, Panuganti S, et al. In Silico and In Vivo Studies on Quercetin as Potential Anti-Parkinson Agent. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 2020 ;1195:1-11. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-32633-3_1.
- RadhakrishnamRaju.Ruddarraju ,Gangarapu.Kiran ,Adharvana Chari. Murugulla, Ravichandar.Maroju , Devarakonda Krishna Prasad, BoyinaHemanthKumar,NukalaShravya Reddy, synthesis and biological evaluation of theophylline containing variant acetylene derivatives as -amylase inhibitors. Bioorg Chem. 2019 Nov;92:103120. doi: 10.1016/j.bioorg.2019.103120. I.F:3.926
- BoyinaHK, Kumar JM, Kumar BD, DiwanPV, Influence of fisetincombined with hesperidinonchronicmildhyperhomocysteinemiainducedcognitivedysfunctionand oxidativestressinwistarrats.PharmaNutrition,2018,6 (3):125-136.
- HemanthKumarB,DineshKumarB,DiwanPV,Hesperidin,acitrusflavonoid,protects againstl-methionine-inducedhyperhomocysteinemiaby abrogationofoxidativestress, endothelialdysfunction andneurotoxicityin Wistarrats. PharmaceuticalBiology.2017, 55(1):146-155. I.F:2.492
- JayasinghChellammalHanishSingh,RahulMotiramKakalij,RahulPadmakarKshirsagar, BoyinaHemanthKumar,KomakulaSaiSantoshBabu,andPrakashVamanraoDiwan, Cognitive effectsofvanillicacidagainststreptozotocin-inducedneurodegeneration in mice, PharmaceuticalBiology,2015,53(5):630-6. I.F:2.492
- EdulaVinitha,HanishJ.C.Singh,RahulMotiramKakalij,RahulPadmakarKshirsagar,BoyinaHemanthKumar,PrakashV.Diwan.NeuroprotectiveeffectofPrunusaviumon streptozotocininducedneurotoxicityinmice.BiomedicineandPreventiveNutrition4(2014) 519–525.
- KumarBH,JoshiB,SinghJC,DiwanPV.Drug-druginteractionbetweenvoriconazoleand oralhypoglycemicagentsindiabeticrats. IndianJournal ofPharmacology,2013;45:155-8.I.F:1.040
- HemanthkumarB,Bheemachari.InfluenceofVoriconazoleon HypoglycemicActivityof OralAntidiabeticAgentsinNewzelandRabbits.IndianDrugs2011;48:50-54.
Selected Honors & Awards:
- 2020 – Second Prize inE Learning Day-ASK THE EXPERTS. Online Oral Presentation Competition,School of Pharmacy, International Medical University (IMU), Malaysia.
- 2019 – Prof.B.Uvnas Prize, 5th IUPHAR WCPNP-2019 & 51st IPSCON-2019, NIN ICMR,Hyderabad, Telangana.
- 2019 – Received ICMR travel grant forInternational Conference on Pharmacology: Advances in Translational Sciences & Drug Discovery, Singapore
- 2018 – Best paper Award in 3rd World congress ‘Genetics, Geriatrics & Neurodegenerative diseases research, Toronto, Canada.
- 2017 – Received CongressBursaryAward &DST- SERB Travel Grant for World congress of Neurology, Kyoto, Japan.
- 2015 – Prof.G.AchariPrize for 48thAnnualPharmacological ConferenceofIndianPharmacologicalSociety, SaurashtraUniversity,Rajkot,Gujarat
- 2015 – ICMR Travel Grant, 12th International Conference on Quantification of Brain Function with Pet, Vancouver, British Columbia Canada.
- 2007- Bachelor of Pharmacy, NET Pharmacy College, RGUHS, Karnataka.
- 2010- Master of Pharmacy, NET Pharmacy College, RGUHS, Karnataka.
- 2018- Doctorate in Pharmacy, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,Telangana.