K Srinivasa Chalapathi received his Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) from Karnatak University, Dharwad, India in 1995, and M.Tech (Production Engineering) from Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, Karnataka, India in 2004. He is doing his research on the Automobile exhaust pollution control from KL University, Guntur, AP, India. Before coming to the teaching field he has 2.5 years of industrial experience as Quality Control Engineer at Nava Bharat Ferro Alloys Ltd during Dec 1995 to June 1998. He moved to BVC Engineering College as a Teaching Assistant in the Dept. Mech. Engg. in Dec 1998 and worked till July 2001. Later he worked as Asst. Professor (Mech) at TRR College of Engineering, Patancheru, Hyderabad from June 2004 to Dec 2005. He moved to Anurag Group of Institutions (CVSR College of Engineering) in Dec 2005 as Assoc. Professor in the Dept. Mech. Engg. and served as Head of the department till June 2007. Again he served as Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering during June 2012 to Dec 2016. He is a Member of the Board of Studies of Mechanical Engineering at AGI and also served as Member of BOS in Mechanical Engineering at JNT University Hyderabad during 2015 – 16 and 2016 – 17 and played a key role in finalizing the Curriculum for the UG and PG courses of JNTUH affiliated colleges. He is also the BOS member in Mechanical Engineering at Anurag Engineering College, Kodad during 2014 – 15 to 2016 – 17. He is the Student Section Adviser for ASME AGI – Student Section and also Member – ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), Life Member – ISTE.
K S Chalapathi’s research interests are in the Automobile Exhaust pollution control and the different methods and technologies involved in it. In particular with the Diesel engine’s pollution control is his key area of research. His second area of interest is on the Automation and Advanced Manufacturing Methods. He is doing along with his group, an extensive research in the development of a product to reduce the Exhaust pollution of a Diesel engine
K S Chalapathi has huge experience of more than 15 years in teaching the Engineering Drawing / Engineering Graphics for the undergraduate classes besides the core mechanical subjects like Production Technology, Machine Tools, Un Conventional Machining Processes, Robotics, Plant Layout and Metrology & Surface Engineering. He has also taught the Precision Engineering and Industrial Robotics for the PG students.
- K. Srinivasa Chalapati, L. Srinivas Naik Evaluation and Feasibility Assessment of GREEN ROOFS, International Conference on Environmental Management 2005 (ICEM-2005) from 27th to 30th October 2005, organized by JNT University, Hyderabad.
- L. Srinivas Naik, K. Srinivasa Chalapati, B. Ravi Kumar Design & Finite Analysis of Canister Testing Chamber, ISSN: 2278-0181 Vol. 1 Issue 7 Pg No: 1-7, September 2012, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology.
- L Srinivas Naik, K Srinivasa Chalapati, and B Ravi Kumar, Contact Gap Analysis of Canister Testing Chamber by Using Finite Element Analysis, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 335-340, April 2013.
- K Srinivasa Chalapati, Dr. Ch B N Murthy, Santhosh Kumar Evolution of automobile catalytic converter during last four decades- A Review, National conference 7th -8th November2013 Pg No : 198-209, 4th National conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering(AIM-2013) under TEQIP-II organized by Vasavi College of Engineering , AIM-2013
- N.Madan Mohan Reddy, K.Srinivasa Chalapati, L.Srinivas Naik Predicting the Blast Pressure on Explosive Forming Process by Experimentation and Finite Element Analysis, ISSN:2321-9653 Vol 2 Issue 1 Pg No : 25-29 January 2014 International Journal For Research In Applied Science And Engineering Technology.
- K S Chalapathi, Bhavanarayana Murthy Ch, Sudheer Prem Kumar B Development of Automobile Catalytic converter during the last four decades- A Review ISSN:2321-9653 Vol 2 Issue 11 Pg No : 321-333 November 2014, International Journal For Research In Applied Science And Engineering Technology
- R. Srinu, L.Srinivas Naik, K.Srinivasa Chalapathi, Dr. B. Sudheer Prem Kumar Effect of specific heat parameters on performance on SI Engine, ISSN:2321-9653 Vol 2 Issue 11 Pg No : 354-358 November 2014, International Journal For Research In Applied Science And Engineering Technology.
- Mr. Y. Rajasekhar Reddy, Mr. K. Srinivasa Chalapathi, Mr. S. Jush kumar Design optimization of Diesel particulate filter using CFD, ISSN: 2248 – 9622 Vol.5 Issue 12, December 2015, International Journal of Engineering Research and Application.
- R.Srinu, L.Srinivas Naik,K.Srinivasa Chalapathi Experimental Investigation of Temperature Variation On The Exhaust Gases of Cylinder Head Under EURO 4 Norms by Analytical and FEA, ISSN: 2277 – 3754 Vol.5 Issue 5, pp 60 – 65, November 2015, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology.
- T. Prasad, R. Naresh Kumar Goud, P.Chinna Sreenivas Rao and K. Srinivasa Chalapathi Computational Study on Stress & Deflections of Glass Epoxy Composites, ISSN: 2319-3778, Vol 7, Issue 11, pp 69 – 76, September 2016 International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology, IJLTET 2016
- K Srinivasa Chalapathi, Dr. Ch. Bhavanarayana Murthy, Md. Sikindar baba State of The Art Research On Catalytic Converters For Automobiles – A Review, ISSN (PRINT): 2393-8374, (ONLINE): 2394-0697, VOL 5, ISSUE-4, Page no. 252 – 256 International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR) 2018
- K Srinivasa Chalapathi, Dr. T. Venkateswara Rao – Design, Fabrication And Testing of A 4 Way Catalytic Converter For Reducing Exhaust Emission Pollution of A Diesel Automobile Engine – International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development IJMPERD, (SCOPUS Indexed) Vol 8, issue 6, Page no. 555 – 568, Dec 2018.
- K Srinivasa Chalapathi, Dr. T. Venkateswara Rao, Dr. Ch. Bhavanarayana Murthy Automobile Exhaust Pollution in Metro cities – A Solution to the Problem National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical and Chemical Engineering (NCETMCE-2K19), Anurag Group of Institutions (Autonomous) ISSN: 2457-0931 Page No. 105 – 108 Jan 2019
- K S Chalapathi, Dr. T. Venkateswara Rao – Development of a Cost Effective Catalytic Converter for Diesel Automobiles – International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, IJRTE (SCOPUS Indexed) Vol 8, Issue 3, Sept 2019, Page No. 2989-2994.
- Ph.D Pursuing at KLU,vijayawada
- 2001 – 2003 Master of Technology – Prod. Engg. (Mech) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka
- 1990 -1994 Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical Engineering Karnatak University, Dharwad.