Girl’s Safety Club
Inauguration of Girl’s Safety Club for Self Defence & Protection
Girls Safety Club with students as members will work towards safety, security and other issues related to women. The members will be the facilitator who would bridge the gap between youths who are in need of support and the existing response mechanisms (Police, Legal Aid,Public Health, Education and others) for addressing girls’ and women’s safety issues.
6th December 2021
MANAS Auditorium- D Block, Anurag University
Chief Guest :
- Smt. Swati Lakra, IPS, ADGP, Women Safety Wing, Telangana
Women’s Safety Week has been celebrated in Anurag University from 3rd to 6th December 2021. On 6th December, A session on Girls Safety has been organized and the Chief Guest for the event is Smt. Swati Lakra, IPS, Additional Deputy General of Police, Women’s Safety Wing, Govt. of Telangana. On this occasion Smt. Swati Lakra created awareness about self-defense and safety of women in city. She also inaugurated the Girls Safety Club at Anurag University. Mrs.S.Neelima,CEO,Anurag University has explained about the importance of maintaining girls safety in university.
- Reignite the concept of ‘Safety’ as a part of our culture.
- The objective is to promote a culture of the comprehensive safety of Girls and Women in University.
- The efforts of club volunteers will add more eyes and ears on the ground, thus promoting better Girl Safety.
- Safety Club members will create awareness on various safety issues in their college as well as in different neighborhoods.
- Empowering the youth generation to become responsible citizens