- About the Department
- Vision & Mission of the Dept
- Program Educational Objectives
- Program Outcomes
- Head of the Department
- Faculty members
- Program Assessment Committee
- Industry-Institution Interaction
- Contact Us
About the Department
Anurag Group of Institutions-School of Pharmacy was established in 2005 and is presently reputed as one of the best institutions for Pharma education in this region. The School of Pharmacy has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in 2014.
School of Pharmacy an elite institution has committed to become a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences with the state-of-the art infrastructural facilities, well equipped laboratories with cutting edge technologies to enrich the students and helps moulding them into ingenious, innovative and intellectually vibrant pharmaceutical technocrats. School of Pharmacy has 5 doctorates and a team of well qualified pharmacy professionals.
The student development process is supported by well established 16 laboratories and state of the art infrastructural facilities. Every year the students get placements in some of the best industries in pharma domain. If pharmacy is your passion, Anurag –School of Pharmacy is the destination.
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||B.Pharm.||4 Years||100|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||Pharm D||6 Years||30|
|Doctrate of Pharmacy
|Pharm D (PB)||3 Years||10|
|Master of Pharmacy||M Pharm||2 Years|
Pharma Analysis& Quality Assurance
Vision & Mission of the Dept
Nurturing pharmacy professionals to serve the society by developing the competent abilities for future challenges in modern therapy of medicine.
To impart education of highest standard and technical competence along with communication skills and higher studies to achieve excellence in pharmacy profession.
Program Educational Objectives
Programme Educational Objectives
|Pharmacists are expected to serve the health care system of the society, who can provide medicines, counseling for the patients and acts as bridge between doctor and patient.|
|Pharmacist assists the Pharmaceutical Industry using their basic knowledge, practical experience and skills to develop the best quality of medicine with acceptable formulations at an affordable price.|
|Promote R & D activities of academia and Pharmaceutical Industry with an innovative approach to contribute to the existing knowledge.|
Pharmacy Knowledge: Possess knowledge and comprehension of the core and basic knowledge associated with the profession of pharmacy, including biomedical sciences; pharmaceutical sciences; behavioral, social, and administrative pharmacy sciences; and manufacturing practices.
Planning Abilities: Demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines
Problem analysis: Utilize the principles of scientific enquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Find, analyze, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions
Modern tool usage: Learn, select, and apply appropriate methods and procedures, resources, and modern pharmacy-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
Leadership skills: Understand and consider the human reaction to change, motivation issues, leadership and team-building when planning changes required for fulfillment of practice, professional and societal responsibilities. Assume participatory roles as responsible citizens or leadership roles when appropriate to facilitate improvement in health and wellbeing.
Professional Identity: Understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, promoters of health, educators, managers, employers, employees).
Pharmaceutical Ethics: Honor personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts. Demonstrate behavior that recognizes cultural and personal variability in values, communication and lifestyles. Use ethical frameworks; apply ethical principles while making decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes associated with the decisions
Communication: Communicate effectively with the pharmacy community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and documentation, and give and receive clear instructions.
The Pharmacist and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety and legal issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional pharmacy practice.
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional pharmacy solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Self assess and use feedback effectively from others to identify learning needs and to satisfy these needs on an ongoing basis.
Head of the Department
Dr. Vasudha Bakshi
M. Pharm., Ph. D.
Dr Vasudha Bakshi has a rich experience of 15 years in teaching and research. She has obtained M Pharm from Manipal University, Manipal and Doctorate from SNDT University, Mumbai. During her Doctrate she received SRF from Department of Biotechnology. She actively participated in many National and International symposiums. She has published around 50 papers in National and International peer review journals. To her credibility she also filed two patents. She organized successful conferences which are helping the students to learn and gain the extracurricular knowledge.
“The learning atmosphere at Anurag reflects a blend of experienced faculty and excellent student active learning techniques with active collaboration from industry and hospital. “
|S. No||Name of The Faculty||Qualification||Designation|
|1.||Dr. VasudhaBakshi||M.Pharm, Ph. D||Principal|
|3.||Dr. A. MadhuBabu||M.Pharm, Ph. D||Asso.Professor|
|4.||Dr.Raghunandhan Reddy||M.Pharm, Ph. D||Asso.Professor|
|5.||Dr.Ram Mohan.M||M.Pharm, Ph.D||Asso.Professor|
|7.||G. Baba Shankar Rao||M.Pharm, (Ph.D)||Asso. Professor|
|8.||B. Jainendra Kumar||M.Pharm, (Ph.D)||Asso. Professor|
|9.||K. Rama Devi||M.Pharm (Ph.D)||Asso. Professor|
|10.||D. Sireesha||M.Pharm (Ph.D)||Asso.Professor|
|11.||D. Mohanty||M.Pharm (Ph.D)||Asst. Professor|
|12.||S. Krishna||M.Pharm (Ph.D)||Asso Professor|
|13.||N. LalithaJyotsna||M.Sc (Ph.D)||Asso. Professor|
|14.||B. Hemanth Kumar||M.Pharm (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|15.||Rahul M. Kakalij||M.Pharm (Ph.D)||Asst Professor|
|16.||M. Akiful Haque||M.Pharm (Ph.D)||Asst Professor|
|17.||Mr. Sumith S. Mutha||M.Pharm (Ph.D)||Asst.Professor|
|23.||N. Swetha Reddy||M.Pharm||Asst.Professor|
|29.||A. Teja Sri||M.Pharm||Asst.Professor|
|30.||V. Vinod Kumar||M.Pharm||Asst.Professor|
|41.||Yaso Deepika||M.Pharm||Asst. Professor|
|48.||Dr.K. Vivek Kumar||Pharm-D (PB)||Asst.Professor|
|49.||Dr.Usha Devi||Pharm-D (PB)||Asst.Professor|
List various facilities available
1)Auditorium : World Class AC Auditorium accommodates about 200 participants with all required facilities including public address system, digital projector, Desktop computer, Audio Visual systems etc.
2)E-Class Rooms : Comfortable seating with AV facilities.
3)Health Center : Health care centre in the ground floor with
- 2 observation beds
- A consultation room & pharmacy
- One full time Doctor & Nurse
- Well- equipped
- Free of cost for all students & staff
4)Medicinal Garden: Located behind A-Block provides good ambience to the campus atmosphere where a no of medicinal plants are grown.
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACOLOGY:
- The Department is well equipped with communal facilities for preclinical screening, molecular biology, biochemical analysis, centrifugation, video tracking and behavior analysis.
- The Department has three big laboratories, a neuroscience lab, animal house facility, air-conditioned computer lab and faculty rooms. The three big labs, are used for B Pharm, M Pharm I practical and M Pharm II research. Besides facilities for simple in vivo experiments, these labs have premier instruments for several drug evaluation procedures. Just to name a few: Digital plethysmometer, analgesiometers, Morris water maze, Y-maze and so on.
- The instrument room has some of the sophisticated, state-of-art instruments. The ELISA plate reader, Semi Auto analyser, Power Lab, Langendorff apparatus and Video tracking system are some of the notable instruments that support high quality research work.
- B Pharm students have pharmacology in the third and final years of their four-year programme. For Pharm D, pharmacology is taught in the second and third years. The Department of Pharmacology is handling physiology for first year B Pharm and Pharm D students.
- Department has its own library, which also provides access to online libraries ( online.lexi.com and www.animalsimulator.com)
Department of Pharmaceutical analysis is a central part of all the departments. It is one of the most expensive laboratories in terms of the cost of instruments. This department is responsible for imparting knowledge in the field of modern instrumental techniques for B.Pharm, Pharm.D and all branches of M.Pharm.
The laboratory is equipped with indigenous as well as imported analytical instruments. It has a wide range of instruments for spectroscopic, analytical and chromatographic analysis of drugs and other products. The department is equipped with conventional instruments like Digital Balances, Spectrophotometer, spectrofluorimetry, Flame Photometer, NepheloTurbidimeter, Conductivity meter, Potentiometry, KF Titrator and pH meter. Several advanced instruments like FT- IR Spectrometer, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Gas Chromatography (GC) are also available in the department.
The activities of the department other than the regular classes for under graduate and post graduate courses include the following: Development of analytical methods for newer drugs using HPLC, Spectrophotometer, FT – IR and various titrimetric methods. Developing newer analytical method for drugs in formulations.
Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy: is the discipline of Pharmacy that deals with the science of Dosage form design, which includes the development, production and characterization of dosage forms, as well as characterizing the nature of drugs and their distribution within the body. The department initiated the research activities in the field of Pharmaceutical technology which includes Drug delivery systems (Tablets, capsules, liquid orals, microcapsules, nanoparticles, transdermal systems etc.), plant based biopolymers as excipients for developing different delivery system, herbal pharmaceuticals and their standardization, dissolution method development for synthetic API and herbals.
Program Assessment Committee
The mission of the Assessment Committee is to establish and ensure ongoing and systematic educational assessment and improvement to achieve student pharmacist learning outcomes. Program Assessment Committee summarizes the collected views and expresses its opinion on the views and forwards the same to Department Advisory Board.
|2||Dr. G. Kiran||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. M. Ram Mohan||Associate Professor|
EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS INSTITUTIONS
|S. No.||Title of Project||Funding Agency||Amount||Date of sanction||Duration|
|1||Toxicity studies of Herbal formulations||Celestial Labs, Hyderabad||1,00,000/-||5/4/2015||2 years|
|2||Evaluation of Anti-oxidant activity of Proprietary herbal formulations||Sanzyme Pvt Ltd. Hyderabad||20,000/-||10/03/2015||1 year|
|3||Anti-microbial studies of various plant extracts||Green Evolution Labs||50,000/-||2/05/2016||1 year|
- B.Pharmacy & Pharm-D students have participated 1st International Conference on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences (ICIPS-2016) held on July 29th -30th, 2016 in GURU NANAK INSTITUTIONS TECHNICAL CAMPUS Hyderabad.
- B.Pharmacy IVth year & III year students have participated at Two day National Conference, “Trend setting Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences” at JNTU, Hyderabad held on 18th -19th July, 2016.
- B.Pharmacy IVth year & III year students have participated as One Day Workshop on “Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship” at JNTU, Hyderabad held on 28th June, 2016.
- Ananthanag Vellore participated in “Teegala Krishna Reddy College of Pharmacy ” for presenting the Paper Presentation entitled “Formulation & Evaluation of Venvafaxine Hydraochloride by direct compression method” in Two-Days National conference on “Transpiring Novelty and Hi-Tech Knowledge in Advanced Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, held on December 29 & 30th 2015 in Hyderabad.
- M.Surya Chetana participated in “Teegala Krishna Reddy College of Pharmacy” for presenting the Paper Presentation entitled “Formulation & Evaluation of Proniosomal based drug delivery system of flurbiprofen” in Two-Day National conference on “Transpiring Novelty and Hi-Tech Knowledge in Advanced Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, held on December 29 & 30th 2015 in Hyderabad.
- K.Mounica participated in “Teegala Krishna Reddy College of Pharmacy ” for presenting the Paper Presentation entitled “Molecular Modeling of Phentoamine for Cardiovascular disease” in Two-Days National conference on “Transpiring Novelty and Hi-Tech Knowledge in Advanced Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, held on December 29 & 30th 2015 in Hyderabad. She got the Ist Prize in this paper.
- Komala Tulasi participated in “Teegala Krishna Reddy College of Pharmacy ” for presenting the Paper Presentation entitled “Formulation and Evaluation of Anti Microbial activity of Niosomal Organogel of Erythromycin” in Two-Days National conference on “Transpiring Novelty and Hi-Tech Knowledge in Advanced Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, held on December 29 & 30th 2015 in Hyderabad.
- Pharm-D V Year Students have participated as Poster Presentation in the “Indian Pharmacological Society” at the 48th International Conference on “Cutting-Edge Pharmacology: Contemporary Issues and Future Challenges” held on December 18-20, 2015 in Savrashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat.
- B.Pharmacy IV yr students participated as Poster Presentation in the “OMICS International Conference” at the “8th Indo Global Summit & Expo on Vaccines, Therapeutics & Healthcare” held on November 02-04, 2015 in Hyderabad. Mr.Anurag Singh, MD.Aamiruddin M.Niharika, N.Bhavya P.Sandhya, D.Mohanty got a “Best Poster Award.”
- B.Pharmacy IV yr. students visited “Gothic Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.,” on 18th and 19th September, 2015. Students actively interacted and observed various unit operations in solid and liquid dosages like tablet compression, coating, capsule filling, liquid filling, packing and labeling and clarified their doubts.
- S.K.Madhavi Harika has participated in the Teacher’s convention held on the occasion of 17th Foundation day celebrations of Vivekananda institute of human excellence on 9th September, 2016.
- Dr.M.RamMohan has participated in the refresh course on “Challenge & Opportunities in Chemistry and Pharmacy-Current Scenario” “UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION” from 08th AUGUST to 30th AUGUST 2016 Organize by “JAWARHALAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD”. Participant has obtained A grade in the test conducted during the program.
- D.Sireesha has participated in “Analytical Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Lamivudine and Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate By-HPLC Method” in International conference on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences (ICIPS-2016) Organized by Gurunanak Institutions” on 29th -30th July in Hyderabad.
- P.Ramya Deepthi presented a Paper entitled on “Formulation & Evaluation of Famotidine Floating Microspheres” in International conference on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences (ICIPS-2016) Organized by Gurunanak Institutions” on 29th -30th July in Hyderabad.
- N.Lalitha Jyotsna presented an poster presentation on “Carbon Carriers for Genetic Transformation” in International conference on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences (ICIPS-2016) organized by Gurunanak Institutions” on 29th -30th July in Hyderabad.
- Dr.K.Vivek Kumar presented an poster presentation on “A study on knowledge and awareness of community pharmacist towards ADR reporting in International conference on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences (ICIPS-2016) Organized by Gurunanak Institutions” on 29th -30th July in Hyderabad.
- P.Naveen presented an poster presentation on “Herb-Drug Interaction between Terminelia chebula with Glimiride in Streptozotacin Induced Diabetic Rats” in International conference on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences (ICIPS-2016) Organized by Gurunanak Institutions” on 29th -30th July in Hyderabad.
- Dibyalochan Mohanty participated in International Conference on “Innovations in pharmaceutical Sciences (ICPS-2016)” in presenting the Poster entiteled “Design and characterization of TDDS patch on 29th-30th July 2016 at Guru Nanak Institutions in Hyderabad.
- S.K.Madhavi Harika presented an oral prestation on the topic formulation development and evaluation of Itopride HCl floating tablets in International conference on Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences (ICIPS-2016) Organized by Gurunanak Institutions” on 29th -30th July in Hyderabad.
- Mr. Jainendra Kumar has participated in theory and practical sessions of the 2nd National Level Workshop on “Principles and Practice of Molecular Modeling in Teaching and Research” held from July 21st- 23rd 2016 in AU College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
- Azmath Farhana has participated in Two day National Conference of “Trend Setting Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences” for the oral presenting with title “Effect of Anti-Inflammatory activity of ficus religiosa stem bark” on 18th -19th July in JNTU Hyderabad.
- K.Rama Devi has participated in Two day National Conference of “Trend Setting Innovations in Pharmaceutical Sciences” for presenting the poster with title “Synthesis and Substituted Quinolines By Solvent & catalyst Free Conditions and Green Protocol” on 18th -19th July in JNTU Hyderabad.
- S.Swapna has participated in two days National Conference of “Trend Setting Innovations in pharmaceutical Sciences, Organized by centre for Pharmaceutics Sciences ” for representing the committee member held on 18th -19th July in JNUT Hyderabad.
- Dr.Vasudha Bakshi participated in “International Conference” on “Emergent Strategies For Impurity Profiling in presenting the Poster entiteled “ Neuroprotective effect of lurasidone on ketamine induced schizophrenia on 16th -17th July 2016 at Raghu campus, Dakamarri, Visakhapatnam.
- Dibyalochan Mohanty participated in “ International Conference” on “Emergent Strategies For Impurity Profiling in presenting the Poster entiteled “ Formulation and characterization of transdermal patch of Amlodipine using Olive oil as Natural permeation enhancer on 16th -17th July 2016 at raghu campus, Dakamarri, Visakhapatnam.
- P.Naveen has presented a Poster entitled on “Mystery of link between Zika virus infection and Gusslain-Baree Syndronge” in International conference on Emergent Strategies for Impurity Profilling Organized by Raghu College of Pharmacy on 16th -17th July 2016 Visakapatnam.
- Dr.Gangarapu Kiran has participated one week workshop programme on “Communication soft skills” department of sciences & technology and Electronics & ICT Academy from 11th July to 16th July 2016 Organize by Anurag Group Of Institutions in association with NIT, Warangal.Participant has obtained A+ grade in the test conducted during the programme.
- S.K.Madhavi Harika attended workshop on Emerging trends in pharmaceutical sciences organized by NIPER, Hyderabad on 9th July, 2016.
- Mr.Krishna Sanka participated in Elsevier Publishing Campus Certificate of Completion on “Beginners Guide to Writing a Manuscript in Latexn” on 29th June 2016.
- Dibyalochan Mohanty & K.Sunand participated in One day Workshop on “Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship” at JNTU, Hyderabad held on 28th June 2016.
- Mr.Krishna Sanka participated in Elsevier Publishing Campus Certificate of Completion on “Creating a Good Research Data Management Plan” on 23rd June 2016.
- Dr.Vasudha Bakshi & D.Mohanty participated in “Gurunanak Institutions ” for presenting the Poster Presentation in One-Day National Symposium on 2nd April, 2016.
- Dr.Vasudha Bakshi & S.K.Madhavi Harika participated in “JNTUH ” for presenting the Paper Presentation entitled “Formulation and Evaluation of Proniocomol Powder of Candesartan Cilexetil” in Two-Days National Symposium on “Challenges and Opportunities of Pharmaceutical Research in Education and Industry” 11th & 12 March, 2016, Sponsored by TSCHE and JNTUH.
- Dr. Vasudha Bakshi, Principal Evaluator on Two days National Symposium on “Challenges and Opportunities of Pharmaceutical Research in Education and Industry” 11th & 12 March, 2016, Sponsored by TSCHE and JNTUH.
PHARMACY EVENTS 2016 (Academic Year)
- A Guest Lecture by Dr.Balaji Utla, Chief Mentor, Myofficeit in topic on “Successful Teacher – Threats and Challenges” – dated on 13th June, 2016.
- A Guest Lecture by Shambo Ghosh, as Clinical Team Leader at Biological E’ Ltd., topic on “Clinical Research and Future Prospects” – dated on 02nd July, 2016.
- A Guest Lecture by Mr.Ravi Kiran,Manager of regulatory affairs of Hetro Drugs PVT LTD topic on “IPR & QbD” on 23rd July 2016.
- Anurag Group of Institutions Conducted the “Anti-Ragging Awareness Program” for B.Pharm & Pharm.D students on 18th August 2016,Cheif Guest : Shri G.Sundeep- Assistant Commissioner of Police, Malkajigiri Division, Cyber bad East & Shri B.Prakash Inspector of Police (Ghatkesar).
- Anurag Group of Institutions organized the International Workshop on “PHARMACOVIGILENCE AND DRUG SAFETY” on 23rd & 24th September 2016.
- Anurag Group of Institutions Conducted World Pharmacist Day was celebrated on 26th September 2016 with the theme ““PHARMACIST: YOUR PARTNER IN HEALTH ”. As a part of celebrations, organized a “Blood Donation Camp” in association with NSS team on the same day. And we conducted a Guest Lectures by, topic on “ Drugs Saftey for you” by Mr.Pola Nagaraju PCI Registrar.
The main objective of this cell is to as a liaison between industries and School of Pharmacy
The following are the major activities of the IIP cell:-
- Maintenance, coordination & promotion of consultancy services with proper links, with the departments in the college.
- Maintain and distribute funds obtained from consultancy Services for strengthening of the various departments in the college.
- Assist industries by supporting R&D programmes in the college, promote sponsored and joint R&D projects.
- Organise industrial training and industrial visits for students.
- Training of students by experts from industries by organizing workshop of hands on experience on equipments and also conducting guest lectures by industry personnel in delivering lectures on the latest technological development; evaluation of projects, development of curricula as per industry standards etc.
- Signing of MOU between School of pharmacy & the institution.
M. PHARMACY STUDENTS
|Ashish kumar||Hetero, Jedemetla|
|N. Shyam Prasad||Hetero, Jedemetla|
|CH. Satya nandh||Aizant , Dulapally, Komplli|
|J. Vani Anjali||GVK, Ramanthapur|
SELECTED FOR SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES
SELECTED FOR MEDICO HEALTH CARE SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGIES
|M. Durga Shivani|
|M Vamshi Krishna|
|Hinduja global sevices||Results pending|
|Medico Inc||12 members selected|
|In focus Rx||Results pending|
|A.Priyanka||Global data research centre|
|V. Samskruthi||MS (USA)|
|K.Navya||Govt job prepration|
|S. Sindhura||MS (USA)|
The vision and mission of the Alumni Association is to strength the relationship and communication among alumni members, Anurag Group of Institutions, Department of Pharmacy (Formerly Lalitha College of Pharmacy) Alumni Association was established in 2010. There are more than 500 alumni members who are in touch with the organization. Alumni Association helps the students of AGI, Pharmacy in career guidance, Placement assistance, Industrial Trainings, Conducting guest Lectures and also creates network with the alumni students who are within India and aboard. We wish all the passed out students to join the association.
Dr B Vasudha
Contact no: 7702683048, Email ID: email@example.com
Contact no:9959934134, Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org