Every Department has its own association, which organizes lectures / seminars / conferences regularly.
Robotics Club, English Club, Literary Club, Cultural Club, C. V. Raman Club, Chemistry Club, Ramanujan Club
Sahaya, Helping Hearts, People’s Qube are formed to help orphan, physically challenged and other helpless people.
With the help of student clubs, regularly organizes Blood donation camps, blood testing, eye donation camps and other health awareness programmes in the campus.
With so many student clubs & associations, the campus is always buzzing with activitiy.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
About EDP Cell
Entrepreneurship is a key driver of our economy. Wealth and a high majority of jobs are created by small businesses started by entrepreneurially minded individuals, many of whom go on to create big businesses. Entrepreneurs are frequently thought of as national assets to be cultivated, motivated and remunerated to the greatest possible extent. Entrepreneurship Development cell is the means to nurture entrepreneurship culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty & students.
Vision of EDP Cell
To be a well recognized centre of excellence for entrepreneurial development programs for both economic and social rewards through quality learning which will be a value addition to society at large.
- To promote specialized knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship development and create an entrepreneurial culture in the institution.
- To conduct entrepreneurship Awareness camps and skill development programmes to the students and relevant communities.
- To provide an interaction with successful entrepreneurs in different fields of industry.
- To provide exposure to various aspects of entrepreneurship with the help of both in house and guest facilities.
- To assist the students in the process of setting up an enterprise through the activities of project identification, market research, project reports and feasibility reports and acting as bridge between financial institutions and students.
- To form liaison with various external organizations and agencies supporting entrepreneurship such as Financial institutions and Banks
Benefits to the students
- Entrepreneurship culture raises the concern of students for self employment and reduce the anxiety and stress for their utilization after the completion of studies.
- EDC cell provides an opportunity to translate the innovative ideas of the students to functional business setups.
- It acts as a networking platform for the students to interact with the successful entrepreneurs and to get professional mentorship from the experienced and successful entrepreneurs.
- Provides the students with an opportunity to develop socially and economically through setting up their own enterprise.
- Provides access to research publications on Entrepreneurial development and studies.
- Inculcates entrepreneurial values among students in order to develop knowledgeable and technological entrepreneurs.
Regular Guest lectures and Industry interactions are conducted by the EDP cell to the registered and interested students.
- 2 DAY ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARENESS CAMP on 27TH & 28TH JULY 2018
- Edp cell orientation programme on 29.6.2018
- Inaugural of E-week celebrations: 10.2.2018
- Aavishkaran, E- Cell of AGI is celebrating one week of entrepreneurship with E_Week Celebrations, in association with NEN from 10th - 16th February 2018.
- AGI HR MEET – Arise future scope
- Alumni Entrepreneurs Meet at Anurag Group Of Institutions on 7/9/2017
- Women entrepreneur’s Panel Discussion on “Challenges of Women Tech entrepreneurs” on 7/3/2017.
- VISIT TO T-HUB ON 17/2/2017.
- Kite Festival at AGI on 7/1/2017
- A session on Short film making was conducted on 4/3/2017 by E- Cell.
- Students of AGI at 2 DAY ENTREPRENEURSHIP SUMMIT- 2017 AT IIT BOMBAY on 28th -29th January, 2017.
- Report on Industrial visit to ALEAP Industries on 10/2/2017
15-17th December 2016
5th &6th October 2016
- Panel discussion on “Innovation – The new Expectation in IT” in collaboration with SHRD – ARISE on 22/10/2016.
- One day Faculty Refresher Course on Entrepreneurship Educator Programme in collaboration with Wadhwani Foundation – 17/9/2016
- Panel Discussion on Need of the hour – Entrepreneurship & Intrapreneurship- 24/8/2016
- EDP CELL – CELEBRATES EWEEK 2016 FROM 20-27TH February, 2016
- Aavishkaran – EDP Cell inaugural and IDEA Fest on 23-01-2016.
- Guest Lecture on “Idea to enterprise – Journey of an Entrepreneur” by Mr.P. Narayana -MD, Bakeys Food Pvt Ltd – 5/11/2015
- Guest lecture by Mr Francis Kunjumin, Director – R&D, Holy Grace Academy of Engineering and Management Studies, Kerala
- Guest Lecture on Solar Power – Micro Entrepreneurial Issues by Mr.Vamsi Krishna, ISTPVT on 31/7/2015
- Startup Weekend Hyderabad
- An Entrepreneurship Awareness Seminar by Dr. Radhika Meenakshi Shankar, Wise Owl Consulting – 29/7/2015
- A seminar on Grass Root Level Innovations – Entrepreneurship development was held on 14.08.2014 by Brig (Retd) Ganesham, Palle Srujana and Mr. Kranthi Kumar , Idea Studio for all the students interested in Entrepreneurship and developing community projects. The seminar addressed the issue of importance of entrepreneurship and the need for creating products for the major segment of the society. The seminar focused on grass root level innovations done by many villagers and farmers which changed the way they perform the works. Brig (Retd.) Ganesham emphasized that the students should try to innovate products which are MLM “ More from Less for More” ie using minimum resources and useful for maximum number of citizens. He said innovations can come only when students understand the situations around them and have Samvedana and empathise with the hard working people of the society that they can develop products useful to the maximum number. Innovations shown included President Award Winning products like Asu Machine, Spraying Hand Pump, Lights & Fan Remote, Innovative windmill etc which were developed by villagers. The students were invited to participate in Shodh Yatra – walk which will be held from August 29-31, 2014. Interested students can visit Palle Srujana Website for further details.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARENESS CAMP, 16-18th Oct, 2014
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps and Seminars to the students to create awareness about the phases of setting up an enterprise and to provide knowledge on the institutions helping them in setting up an enterprise.
- To organize skill development training programmes for unemployed youth and to enhance women empowerment.
- To create a platform for industry –institution interaction through regular lectures and workshops by successful entrepreneurs
- To train the faculty members in the field of entrepreneurship to provide consultancy for prospective entrepreneurs.
- To conduct competitions such business plan competitions, innovative ideas etc to students to encourage entrepreneurship culture.
Dr. V.Vishnu Vandana, MBA, Ph.D has an experience of over 14 years including teaching and industry. She has attended various training programs and conferences on entrepreneurship including 15-day FDP on Entrepreneurship Development by Osmania University. Several Guest lectures and Awareness programs on Entrepreneurship were organized in the campus for creating entrepreneurial culture in the students and the faculty members. She has received a UGC grant of 1.3 lakhs for Minor research Project and also has published several papers in National and International Conferences.
Mr. B. Ravinder Reddy
Mr. Kumar Neeraj
Mr. Chandra Sekhar
Mrs. Naga Lakshmi
Mrs. V.Vishnu Vandana
Mr. Akif Ul Haque / Mrs. Rajani
Career Guidance Cell (CGC)
The CGC acts as an interface between the corporate world and the students in order to bridge the gap between them by assisting the students in training/learning opportunities about the areas of interests of the students, like higher studies, certificate courses, placements, Entrepreneurship etc.
To be a part of student’s career in all respect for them to achieve the heights that they hope to achieve in future during and after their course.
The Career Guidance Cell has been catering to the needs of students with the following objectives:
- To conduct Orientation Programmes for freshers.
- To collect the interest of the students on their career options.
- To organize programmes on higher studies in India and Abroad.
- To create awareness of the certificate courses/specialization courses pursued in their selected areas.
- To alert the students with the recruitment notifications.
- The career guidance cell helps the students to explore new career options and identifies the steps required to reach them.
- The cell assists the students to focus on one area of his/her career path that works best for them.
- Cell provides the students with the tools, feedback and resources they need to progress in their career building.
- Cell exposes to students to explore new horizons in the present global competitive world.
Plan of Action:
2018-19Visit of University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA representatives
Alerts through Mail:
Alerts as on Date: 6
Career Fair by Mypower.in
Higher Education and Certificate Courses by Pro PM Consultants
International Higher Education Fair at Hitex Exhibition from 22rd April to 3rd May 2017
Metallurgy (Foremen), UPPSC
Junior Engineer at Konkan Railways
Project Assistant Job NIRD- Hyderabad
Activities as on Date: 36
A. Ashwini Shanthi