Dr. Hemanth is an Assistant Professor in the department of Civil Engineering, Anurag University. He pursued his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) during 2015-2020 from Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH). He is also a master’s degree holder form department of Earthquake Engineering, Indian Institute of technology Roorkee. Dr. Hemanth had two years of teaching experience: Sir C R Reddy Engineering College, Eluru 2011-2012 and RGUKT-IIT Nuzvid 2014-2015, four months of Post-doctoral research experience at IIT Hyderabad and three months of international pre- doctoral research experience at Hokkaido University (Japan) under JICA scheme. He been involved in developing structural fire engineering laboratory and other structural testing facilities at IIT Hyderabad with his Ph.D. supervisor Dr. Anil Agarwal. Some of the notable experimental setup where he has been of great help are: 1) modular radiant heating system to test full scale specimens in fire conditions, 2) loading setup to simulate earthquake loading on columns under combined axial and lateral loading, 3) compression and shear test of elastomeric bearing or sliders, 4) loading setup to test 6 m. tall cup-lock scaffolding for ultimate compressive strength, 5) test setup for flexural loading of pultruded GFRP electric poles. He also gained experience in handling different sensors calibration and instrumentation. He was also involved in several research consultancy projects – one important project was on the design and testing of portable lightweight carbon fiber bridge, which was recognized with Young Turks of Composites Award 2019-20. Dr. Hemanth works on experimental and numerical studies to understand the behavior of structural members under fire, other extreme loading conditions and their sequential effects. He also interested in Life-cycle management of structures and ultra-high performance concrete.
Vibration of Structures
Retrofitting of existing structures
Ultra High Performance Concrete
Fire behavior of concrete members reinforced with fiber reinforcement
Seismic behavior and design of irregular structures on hill slopes
Fire behavior of structural components
Design of Structures
Post fire behavior of partially damage structures under earthquake or blast load
Residual capacity of fire damaged structures
Life-cycle assessment and management of structures
Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures
Strength of Materials
Design of concrete and steel structure
Advanced Structural Analysis
Advanced R.C Design
Computer Analysis and Design Laboratory
- Chinthapalli, H.K., Agarwal, A., Chellapandian, M., Prakash. S.S. (2020), “Effectiveness of Hybrid Fibre-Reinforced Polymer Retrofitting on Behaviour of Fire Damaged RC Columns under Axial Compression”, Engineering Structures, Elsevier (10.1016/j.engstruct.2020.110458).
- Chinthapalli, H.K., Agarwal, A. (2019), “Effect of Confining Reinforcement on Fire Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Columns – An Experimental and Numerical Study”, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE (10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0002617).
- Chinthapalli, H.K., Agarwal, A., “Post-Earthquake Fire Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Columns” Engineering Structures, (Submitted).
- Chinthapalli, H.K., Agarwal, A., “The Effect of Spacing and Configuration of Confining Reinforcement on the Fire Behavior of Short Reinforced Concrete Columns (Submitted).
- Hemanth Kumar Ch., et al., “Effect of Waste Ceramic Tiles in Partial Replacement of Coarse and Fine Aggregate of Concrete”, International Advanced Research Journal in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 6, June 2015.
- Chandra Sekar G, Hemanth Kumar Ch., et al., “Effect of Fly Ash on Mechanical Properties of Light Weight Vermiculite Concrete.” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, Issue 3, March 2016
- Doctor of Philosophy in Structures stream in Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad (IITH), (2015-2020)
- Master of Technology in Structural Dynamics stream, Department of Earthquake Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, (2012-2014)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam (2007-2011)