Dr. M Mukunda Vani received a Bachelor of Technology (Chemical Engineering) from Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad in the year 2000, M Tech (Chemical Reaction Engineering) from Osmania University, Hyderabad in 2003 and a PhD in Biotechnology from JNTU, Hyderabad in 2015. Her initial academic appointment was at NIT Warangal as adhoc lecturer in 2001 and worked till 2004. She then worked as lecturer in the Department of Biotechnology, Vaagdevi College of Engineering, Warangal from 2005 to 2006. Then, she worked as Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Anurag Group of Institutions, Ghatkesar, Hyderabad from 2006 to 2011. In 2011, she was promoted to Associate Professor. Presently, she is working as Associate professor and Head, Department Of Chemical Engineering, Anurag University; Hyderabad. She is also a life member of ISTE and IIChE and Executive committee member for IIChE, Hyderabad Regional Centre. She is an advisory committee and technical committee member for national and international conferences and also an editorial member for peer-reviewed journals.
Her major research areas include Biochemical Engineering and Modeling & Simulation..
She has 35 publications in National and International Journals & Conferences ,1 patent publication and 1 book publication.
She attended several conferences and workshops.
She has delivered guest lectures in other colleges in advanced topics.
She has organized many guest lectures, industry visits, workshops and conferences for the benefit of student and the faculty.
and chaired sessions in various national and international conferences.
Dr. M Mukunda Vani has taught BTech students in Chemical Engineering thermodynamics,
Process Dynamics and Control and Process Modeling and Simulation.
She has an expertise in establishing Chemical Engineering Laboratories of the department.
- M B Venkataramana Reddy and M. Mukunda Vani.,. “Comparative studies on biomass of Anabaena ambigua grown in an external loop airlift photo bioreactor rusing cross-shaped and circular sparger”. Indian Journal of Biotechnology, 18(2), 0975-0967 (2019).
- M. Mukunda Vani., D. Shruthi Keerthi and Sk Shaheda., 2019. “Response Surface Optimization of Protease Synthesis by Strain of Bacillus sp. obtained from soil samples”. International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research,2249-8001(2019).
- Medala Mukunda Vani and Dubasi Govardhana Rao.,. “Effective Diffusivity Coefficients for Degradation of Pectin in Guava (Psidium guajava L.) Pulps Using Immobilized Pectinase”. Applied Food Biotechnology, 6(2), 119-126. 2423-4214(2019)
- M. Mukunda Vani and D.Shruthi Keerthi.,. “Kinetic Study on Production of Protease from Soil Samples”. International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research 2394-0697. (2018).
- Shaikh Shaheda., Dr.M.Mukunda Vani and Nuthakki Sai Venkata Dinesh., “Equilibrium Studies on Reactive Extraction of Propanoic Acid using Tributyl Amine in Different Diluents”. International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research, 2393-8374 (2018).
- M. Mukunda Vani., Linisha Biswal., K. Pushpitha and P. Sagar Suresh Rao., February. “Equilibrium Studies on Adsorption of Organic Contaminants from Wastewater Using Activated Carbon from Putrescible Vegetable Waste”. Asian Journal Of Microbiology, Biotechnology And Environmental Science, 0972-300,( 2018).
- M. Mukunda Vani., K. Pushpitha., Linisha Biswal and G. Nikhilesh Varma., September. “Kinetic studies on adsorption of organic contaminants using activated carbon from putrescible vegetable waste”. International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Development, 2249-6149 (2016)
- M. Mukunda Vani., P. Sagar Suresh Rao., G. Nikhilesh Varma., K. Pushpitha and Linisha Biswal.,. “Identification And Chemical Characterization Of Compounds Present In Different Solvent Extracts Of Azadirachta Indica Through Thin Layer Chromatography Analysis”. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 2321-7308, (2016).
- M. Mukunda Vani., M. Lakshmi Narasu., D. G. Rao and Jyoti Kiran Singh.,. “Studies on Degradation of Pectin in Solutions using Commercial Pectinase Enzyme”.International Journal of Biological Sciences and Engineering,. 0976-1519,(2011).
- M. Mukunda Vani., M. Lakshmi Narasu., D. G. Rao, Abdul Bari Mohd and Jyoti Kiran Singh., “Kinetic Studies on Degradation of Pectin in Synthetic Pectin Solutions Using Immobilized Pectinase Enzyme”.Vegetos-An International Journal of Plant Research, 0970-4078 , (2011).
- M.Mukunda Vani, R.Satish Babu and M.B.Venkata Ramana Reddy, 2020 “Process Variable Optimization for the Liquefaction of Guava Fruit Pulp using Soluble Enzyme by Response Surface Methodology”, Journal of Biochemical Technology, 11(3),68-76 ISSN(Print) : 0974-2328 ISSN(Online) : 0974-2328 Thomson Reuters, Emerging Sources Citation Index (also known as ESCI)
- M.B. Venkata Ramana Reddy and M.Mukunda Vani, 2020 “Study of flow patterns of Anabaena ambigua culture in an external loop airlift photobioreactor with cross-shaped sparger using Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis”, Journal of Biochemical Technology, 11(3), 1-7 ISSN(Print) : 0974-2328 ISSN(Online) : 0974-2328 Thomson Reuters, Emerging Sources Citation Index (also known as ESCI)
- Published a book titled Bio-chemical reaction studies on liquefaction of fruit pulp by invincible publishers-ISBN 978-93-87328-61-7, 2017-18
- Published patent titled “Fluid Agitation Reactor with modified inclined baffles”, Nagaram Mahender, Dr, N Nanda Kumar, Dr. M Mukunda Vani, Dr. SSSR Sarath Babu, Archana Rao P, Sk. Shaheda, India, 202041049196, 2020
Selected Awards and Honors
- Received Lupin Industries Best Chemical Engineering teacher award at CHEMCON 2020 by the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2020
- Presented a paper on National symposium organized by BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus, on Innovation in Chemical Engineering, ICE 2013 on 15-16, Nov 2013, Pg 188-190 and received Best paper presenter award
- Topic: Biochemical Reaction Engineering studies on Liquefaction of Gauva Fruit Pulp using immobilized pectinase enzyme
- Presented a paper on National symposium organized by society of applied biotechnology, on innovative and modern technologies for agricultural productivity, food security and environmental management on 22nd -23rd July 2011, Mangalore, Karnataka, pg 120 and received Best paper presentation award.
- Topic: studies on degradation of pectin in synthetic pectin solution using immobilized pectinase enzyme.
- Received a grant of Three Lakhs rupees (3,00,000/-) from AICTE, New Delhi for Short Term Training Programme(STTP) on “Industrial Pollution & Control Strategies” in the year 2019-20
- Technical Committee member for CHEMCON 2020
- Editorial Member for International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR)
- Reviewer for Applied Food Biotechnology Journal
- Session chair in online SCHEMCON 2020, SCHEMCON 2016
- Session Chair for RACE 2020, organized by OUCT, Hyderabad
- Subject expert for faculty selection interviews, BVRIT, Hyderabad
- Presented a paper on “Coupling Enzymatic Reaction with Adsorption for Phenol Removal” conducted by Techno-Quest ‘2000 at College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad and received second prize.
- 2007-2015: Doctor of Philosophy from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad,
- 2000-2003: Master of Technology in Chemical Engineering Osmania University, Hyderabad,
- 1996-2000: Bachelor of Technology From Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology Affiliated to Osmania University, Hyderabad.
Message as HOD
The chemical engineering graduating with good fundamentals have tremendous employment opportunities in various government organizations like ONGC, NFC, SAIL, IICT, ISRO, IOCL, BPCL, etc. Skilled and eligible candidates also get employed in various industries like Pharma Cement, Petroleum, Oil, Textile, Chemical, Biochemical, Biotechnological, Environmental, Pulp & Paper Industries etc including software. Beside jobs, the students from the department are pursuing higher education in various reputed Universities all over the world. Professional growth in chemical engineering field is much faster than any other engineering branch. The students should concentrate on conceptual learning and conduct practicals sincerely so that they can face any challenges once they go out of the institute. The common public does not have awareness of Chemical Engineering discipline, so my sincere urge to the students is to create awareness about the prospects of chemical engineering which will benefit the society.