Ravi Arukula received a Bachelor degree (B.Sc.) from Osmania University, Hyderabad, and Telangana.He has completed Master of Science (M.Sc.) from Osmania University, Hyderabad, and Telangana in 2010. He has completed Doctoral research at CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (CSIR- IICT) with CSIR-JRF & SRF fellowships and received degree from Osmania University in 2017. Further he moved to South Korea (Chonbuk National University) and United States (Pittsburgh State University, Kansas) to pursue the overseas postdoctoral research experience. In 2018 he has been selected for the Dr. DS Kothari Postdoctoral prestigious UGC fellowship with the host of University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad. He also worked as Assistant Professor at Aurora PG College, chikkadapally and GITAM deemed to be University in the Department of Chemistry Rudraram (V), Patancheru (M), Sangareddy (D) and Telangana. He is the author of the book title “Conducting polyurethanes and polyureas with oligoanilines” (Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany).He has attended more than 12 national and international conferences. He is carrying total 10 years of teaching and research experience.
conducting polyurethanes for corrosion protection,
carbon materials like carbon nanotubes,
sensors and multifunctional materials.
Dr. Ravi Arukula has taught undergraduate classes in Organic Chemistry and Engineering Chemistry.
He has teaching interests in, Organic & Inorganic chemistry with spectroscopic aspects for graduates
and Post Graduates.
- Bioconversion of biowastes for energy applications (book Chapter), A M. Palve, Ravi Arukula, and Ram K. Gupta. Springer, 2020, (Accepted).
- Electrodes for flexible-stretchable supercapacitors (book Chapter) Ravi Arukula, Pawan K. Kahol and Ram K. Gupta. Wiley-Scrivener, 2020, (Accepted).
- Recent advancements and key challenges of graphene for flexible supercapacitors, Camila Zequine, Ravi Arukula, Pawan K. Kahol and Ram K. Gupta. ACS symposium series, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1021/bk-2020-1353.ch003.
- Electrochemical and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopic investigations of highly soluble conducting Poly (Aniline-co-o-Hydroxyaniline), US Waware, Ravi Arukula and AMS Hamouda. Ionics, 2020, 26 (2), 831–838, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11581-019-03250-8.
- Conducting polyurethanes and polyureas with oligoanilines (BOOK), Ravi Arukula, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2019, ISBN: 978-613-9-99938-5.
- Dianiline conjugated Schiff base molecule: Electrical and electrochemical properties Appa Rao T, Karteek Boga, Ravi Arukula, Ramanuj Narayan, CRK Rao Synthetic metals, 2019, 240 –247, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.synthmet.2018.12.013.
- Cumulative effect of bimetallic alloy, conductive polymer and graphene on electrooxidation of methanol: An efficient anode for direct methanol fuel cells. Ravi Arukula, M Vinothkannan and Dong Jin Yoo. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2018, 771, 477–488, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.08.303.
- Aniline-nonamer segmented polyurea: A facile electrocatalyst for detection of ascorbic acid Ravi Arukula, Appa Rao Thota and CRK Rao. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2018, 135, 46630, https://doi.org/10.1002/app.46630.
- Investigations on anticorrosive, thermal and mechanical properties of conducting polyurethanes with novel tetraaniline pendent groups. Ravi Arukula, Appa Rao Thota and CRK Rao. Polym. Adv. Technol. 2018, 29(6), 1620-1631, https://doi.org/10.1002/pat.4267.
- High performance polyurethane dispersion synthesized from plant oil renewable sources: a challenge in the green materials. T. Gurunathan and Ravi Arukula. Polymer degradation and stability, 2018, 150, 122–132, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2018.02.014z.
- Polyaniline-grafted-Polyurethanes: Conductivity, electrochemical and corrosion protection study. Himadri S. K, Ravi Arukula, Ramanuj Narayan, and Chepuri R. K. Rao. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2017, 135, 45806, https://doi.org/10.1002/APP.45806.
- Electrochemical synthesis and reduction of aniline- tetramer: application prospect as MOR electrocatalyst. Appa Rao T, Ravi Arukula, Ramanuj Narayan, CRK Rao, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 2017, 164 (12) F1090-F1099.
- Development of environmental friendly castor oil-based waterborne polyurethane dispersions with polyaniline. T. Gurunathan, Ravi Arukula, Jin Suk Chung, Chepuri R.K. Rao, Polym. Adv. Technol. 2016, 27(11), 1535–1540, https://doi.org/10.1002/pat.3797.
- High corrosion resistant–redox active–moisture curable–conducting polyurethanes. Ravi Arukula, Ramanuj Narayan, B Sreedhar, CRK Rao, Progress in Organic Coatings, 2016, 94, 79- 89, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.porgcoat.2016.01.022.
- Polyurethane-tetraaniline conducting composites: synthesis and their anti-corrosion performance. Ravi Arukula, T. Praveen, Ramanuj Narayan, KVSN Raju, CRK Rao. Pigment & Resin Technology, 2015, 44 (5), 306-312, https://doi.org/10.1108/PRT-05-2014-0043.
- Energy storage and surface protection properties of dianiline co-polymers. Appa Rao T, Ravi Arukula, Ramanuj Narayan, CRK Rao, and KVSN Raju. RSC Advances, 2015, 5 (129), 106523- 106535. https://doi.org/10.1039/c5ra11731c.
- Catalytically active hybrid polyurethane with tetraaniline pendant groups: Synthesis, properties and self-assembly. Ravi Arukula, CRK Rao, Ramanuj Narayan, B Sreedhar. Polymer, 2015, 77, 334-344. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymer.2015.09.050.
- Novel electrically conducting polyurethanes with oligoanilines: Synthesis, conductivity, and electrochemical properties. Ravi Arukula, Appa Rao Thota, CRK Rao, Ramanuj Narayan, B Sreedhar. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2014, 131(18), 40794-40807, https://doi.org/10.1002/APP.40794.
Selected Awards and Honour’s
- Dr. Ravi has been selected as a UGC – Dr. D. S. Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellow (DSKPDF) during 2017-18 year.
- Awarded with best paper award at Seventeenth National Congress on Corrosion Control. CSIR-CECRI. Karaikudi, Tamilnadu, India. August 2014.
- Senior Research Fellow from 2013 to 2016 at Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India.
- Junior Research Fellow from 2011 to 2013 at Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India.
- Selected as a chemist in Dr. Reddy’s and GVK Bio laboratories in 2010.
- He secured 1st Rank in 2010 PGCET- Osmania University entrance examination.
- 2019-2020: Research Scientist at Pittsburgh State University, Kansas, USA.
- 2018-2019: Dr. DS Kothari Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
- 2017-2018: Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Chonbuk National University, South Korea.
- 2011-2017: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- 2008-2010: Master of Science (M.Sc.) from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- 2003-2006: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana.