Dr. Sambit Kumar Beurahas acquired the degree of B.Tech. in Civil engineering from B.P.U.T., Odisha in 2013 and the degree of Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha in 2019. His Ph.D. dissertation work was on the “Investigation and Modeling of Urban Street Bikeability From User’s Perspective.” His areas of interest mainly includeTraffic and Transportation Engineering. He has a rich experience in the analysing and modeling of the transportation data using both statistical and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques.He has 4.5 years of research experience and 1.5 years of teaching experience. He servers as a reviewer in many international journals including Journal of Transportation Engineering, Part A: Systems, ASCE; Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering; and Recent Patents on Computer Science, etc.
Transportation planning and policy
Traffic flow modeling and simulation
Non-motorized modes of transportation
Traffic Flow Theories
Pavement Analysis and Design
Railway and Airport Engineering
- Beura, S. K., Chellapilla, H., Panda, M., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2020) “Bicycle Comfort Level Rating (BCLR) model for urban street segments in mid-sized cities of India.” Journal of Transport and Health. Vol. 20, No. 100971. DOI: 10.1016/j.jth.2020.100971.
- Beura, S. K., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2020) “Unsignalized Intersection Level of Service: A bicyclist’s perspective.” International Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems Research. DOI: 10.1007/s13177-020-00244-z. (Inpress)
- Beura, S. K., Kumar, K. V., Suman, S., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2020) “Service Quality Analysis of Signalized Intersections from the Perspective of Bicycling.” Journal of Transport and Health, Vol. 16, No. 100827. DOI: 10.1016/j.jth.2020.100827.
- Beura, S. K., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2018). “Quality of bicycle traffic management at urban road links and signalized intersections operating under mixed traffic conditions.” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 2672, Issue 36, pp. 145–156. DOI: 10.1177/0361198118796350.
- Beura, S. K., Manusha, V. L., Chellapilla, H., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2018) “Defining bicycle levels of service criteria using Levenberg-Marquardt and Self-organizing map algorithms.” Transportation in Developing Economies, Vol. 4, No. 2, p. 11. DOI: 10.1007/s40890-018-0066-0.
- Beura, S. K., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2018). “Operational analysis of signalized street segments using multi-gene genetic programming and functional network techniques.” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Vol. 43, Issue 10, pp. 5365–5386. DOI: 10.1007/s13369-018-3176-4.
- Beura, S. K., Chellapilla, H., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2017). “Urban road segment level of service based on bicycle users’ perception under mixed traffic conditions.” Journal of Modern Transportation, Vol. 25, Issue 2, pp. 90–105. DOI: 10.1007/s40534-017-0127-9.
- Beura, S. K., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2017). “Development of a bicycle level of service model for urban street segments in mid-sized cities carrying heterogeneous traffic: A functional networks approach.” Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering (English Edition), Vol. 4, Issue 6, pp. 503–521. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtte.2017.02.003.
- Beura, S. K., Kumar, N. K., and Bhuyan, P. K. (2017). “Level of service for bicycle through movement at signalized intersections operating under heterogeneous traffic flow conditions.” Transportation in Developing Economies, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1–16. DOI: 10.1007/s40890-017-0051-z.
- Beura, S.K., Chellapilla H., Jena S., and Bhuyan P.K. (2017). “Service quality assessment of shared use road segments: A pedestrian perspective.” Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Vol. 467, pp. 653–669. DOI:10.1007/978-981-10-1645-5_55.
- Jena S., Priyanka A., Beura, S.K., and Bhuyan P.K. (2017). “Application of fuzzy inference system to estimate perceived LOS criteria of urban road segments.” Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, Vol. 467, pp. 639–651. DOI:10.1007/978-981-10-1645-5_54.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated) in Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha, India, 2014–2018.
- B. Tech in Civil Engineering, Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha, India, 2009–2013.