He received integrated M.S.Engg, in CSE from USSR and his Ph.D. in Computer Science from JNTUH. He served as Associate Professor and Professor at SIT, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH) for 13 years. He is nominated as Executive Council Member for Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. He served as Director of Admissions, professor,and chairman BOS for more than one year at RayalaSeema University. He guided 42 research scholars for Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering, and published more than 130 research articles in international journals. The Research Scholars guided by him are serving as Vice-Chancellor, Professors for various leading universities like NIT Warangal VIT, JNTUH, Mysore University JNTUK, JNTUA, , MIT, etc.He has completed various R & D projects from DST, UGC, and AICTE as principle investigator. He is serving as member BOS for various leading universities and institutions. He has delivered keynote addresses at various International / National conferences. He has received distinguished professor award from CSI, Leading Scientists of the World – 2009 by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England, Best Researcher award and Best Teacher award by JNTUK. He has also received prestigious Gold Plated Silver Medal award from the Honorable Governor of AP on 27.11.2012, for his services in REDCROSS.
- Computer Vision
- Digital image processing
- Machine learning
- Artificial Intelligence
Dr. V. Vijaya Kumar has taught for Post Graduate subjects’ i.e. Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, , Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer system Architecture, database security, and for undergraduate students Unix Internals, Operating Systems, formal language and automata theory, compiler design, Computer organization, Computer networks, C & Data Structures, Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence.
- G. Bindu Madhavi, V. Vijaya Kumar, K. sasidhar, “A New Frame Work for Content Based Image Retrieval Based on Rule Based Motifs on Full Texton Images”, International Journal of Advanced Trends in Computer Science and Engineering, Vol.8, Aug, 2019, Pages:1083-1098
- V Vijaya Kumar, A Srikrishna, B Raveendra Babu, M Radhika Mani,” Classification and recognition of handwritten digits by using mathematical morphology”, Sadhana- Vol. 35, Part 4, August 2010, pp. 419–426.
- A.Obulesu, V. Vijay Kumar, L. Sumalatha, “Content based Image Retrieval Using Multi Motif Co-Occurrence Matrix”, I.J. Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 2018, 2018, 4, 59-72.
- MSLB. Subrahmanyam, V. Vijaya Kumar, B. Eswara Reddy, “A New Algorithm for Skew Detection of Telugu Language Document based on Principle-axis Farthest Pairs Quadrilateral (PFPQ)”, I.J. Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 2018, 3, 47-58, 2018, 3, 47-58, Published Online March 2018 in MECS
- K. Subba Reddy, V. Vijaya Kumar, A.P. Siva Kumar, “Cross Diagonal Circular and Elliptical Texture Matrix for Efficient Texture Classification” , Jour of Adv Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2018
- NVG Raju, V. Vijay Kumar, OS Rao, “Authorship attribution of telugu texts based on syntactic features and machine learning techniques”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied information technology(JATIT), Vol.85, Iss.1, 2016, pp: 95-103. ISSN : 1817-3195
- M. Chandra Mohan, V. Vijaya Kumar, B. Sujatha, “Classification of child and adult based on geometric features of face using linear wavelets”, International Journal of Signal and Image Processing (IJSIP), Vol.1, Iss.3, 2010, pp. 211-220, ISSN: 2005-4254.
- B. Vamsee Mohan, V. Vijaya Kumar, “A Method for Face Recognition Based on Rotational Invariant Structural Texture Primitives (RISTP), Derived on Local Directional Pattern (LDP)”, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, Vol. 16, 1–10, 2019
- B. Kishore , V. Vijaya Kumar, “Local Texton Centre Symmetric Pattern Matrix (LTCSPM) On Wavelet Domain for Texture Classification”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-8 Issue-2S December, 2018
- V.Vijaya Kumar, B. Eswar Reddy, U.S.N. Raju, K. Chandra Sekharan, “An innovative technique of texture classification and comparison based on long linear patterns”, Journal of Computer Science, Science publications (JCS), Vol.3, No.8, pp.633-638, Aug-2007, ISSN: 1552-6607.
- 1998 Ph.D. Computer Science Completed from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
- 1984-1989 Integrated Degree of Master of Science in Engineering MS (Engineering in Computer Science) Completed (5 Years integrate course ), Tashkent order of peoples friendship polytechnical institute named after Beruni Tashkent, USSR Taskent State University, Taskent, USSR.