S.Ramachandram(1959) born in the Village of Samalonibavi, Gurrampode Mandal, Nalgonda District did his schooling in Government Schools of Samalonibavi, Pittalagudem, and Koppole. He did his intermediate in the Government Junior College, Nalgonda. He received his bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering (1983), Masters in Computer Science and Engineering (1985) and a Ph.D. in Computer Science (2005) from Osmania University.
He served the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University College of Engineering, Osmania University as a faculty member for 31 years and retired from services on Dec 31, 2019.
Earlier, he served as Principal (i/c) of University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad, during 2014-2016. He was also appointed as Convener, PGECET-2016, Telangana State, for conducting entrance test and admissions into M.E./M.Tech./M.Phramacy courses offered by Universities of Telangana State.
He also held several positions in the university as Dean (Informatics), HOD of Dept of CSE, Chairman Board of Studies, Vice Principal of University College of Engineering, Director, University Computer Center, Coordinator, MSIT(in Collaboration with CMU), Additional Controller(EDP) Examination Branch, Nodal officer for TEQIP Project Phase-I and Project Coordinator for TEQIP Phase-II.
He was appointed as Vice Chancellor of Osmania University on July 25, 2016 for a period of 3 years. Osmania University Celebrated its Centenary during 2017-2018 on completion of 100 years of its establishment. During his tenure as Vice Chancellor, Osmania University attained NAAC A+ Grade, was conferred category-1 autonomous status by UGC and was granted RUSA Phase-II Project by MHRD with ₹100 cr. About 20 research centres have been established under RUSA project during 2019-20. An incubation centre is also established under RUSA to encourage the students and faculty members to engage in innovation activities.
He has developed the software for secure online question paper distribution. Also he has developed the software for web based admissions for PGECET/OUCET/EDCET etc. He is instrumental in automation of many of Osmania University activities during his tenure as Vice Chancellor. He got a state-of-art Data Centre established which caters to automation of University including onscreen evaluation of answer scripts.
His research areas include Distributed and Cloud Computing, Cyber Security and Cloud Computing. He has authored books on Software Engineering, Operating Systems. Under his guidance 20 scholars have completed Ph.D., who excelled themselves in their chosen careers. He has published about 110 research papers in various journals and conferences. He has executed Three(3) R&D projects sponsored by UGC, CipherCloud, and AICTE.
He is a senior member of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Computer Society of India (CSI), ACM. He was elected a fellow of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) and a fellow of Telangana Academy of Sciences.
Administrative positions held
Vice Chancellor, Osmania University, 2016-19
Principal(/C), University College of Engineering, 2014-2016
Dean, Informatics, Osmania University, 2010-12
Head, Dept of CSE, Osmania University, 2005-07
Data Structures and Algorithms
Real Time Operating Systems
Please visit the links for publications
2. Google Scholar
4. IEEE https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/searchresult.jsp?newsearch=true&queryText=S.%
- Ph.D. (Processing of Read-Only Transactions in Mobile Broadcast Environment), 2005, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- M.Tech (CSE), 1985, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engg.), 1983, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Stanford Advanced Computer Security Program,2019-20, Stanford Centre for Professional Development, Stanford University
Selected Awards and Honors
- Awarded the Best Teacher Award by Government of A.P., 2013
- Awarded ‘Eminent Engineering Teacher’ by Institution of Engineers(India), 2016
- Awarded State Merit Scholarship in SSC.
- Rank 1, in M.E (ECE) Entrance Examination, 1983, Osmania University
- Selected for Indian Engineering Services, UPSC.
- Awarded best paper for the paper presentation entitled ―A Hub-based Lean Software Process Model for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMES) presented by Prof.S.Ramachandram, at International conference Malaysian Software Engineering. Conference MySEC-08 held at Kaula Terengannu, Malaysia.