PEO (Programme Educational Objectives)
1. To provide students thorough understanding of Basic Sciences, Mathematics and in the field of Mechanical Engineering, to demonstrate their ability both in theory and practicals, which help to build up their careers and to impart the knowledge in the interdisciplinary areas.
2. To encourage students to acquire and analyse in depth and real time knowledge of contemporary industrial practices, and to carry their projects with Institution-Industry Collaboration. To provide a platform for lifelong learning and inculcate the culture of R & D.
3. To facilitate the learning of software technology, modelling and analysis techniques to solve the Mechanical Engineering problems and to acquire knowledge of various production practices essential for Mechanical Design to innovate new products and become entrepreneurs through which they can demonstrate their environmental, social and ethical responsibilities.
4. To encourage students to develop teamwork, leadership and communication skills by participating in group discussions and Conferences / Symposia so as to make learning process more interesting and informative.
PO (Program Outcome)
1. Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Recognise the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSO (Program Specific Outcome)
1. Work in the domain of manufacturing, thermal and fluid sciences to solve engineering problems by utilizing advanced technologies.
2. Design the mechanical equipment and processes with the help of domain specific software tools.
3. Apply the knowledge of design and production processes to work effectively on multidisciplinary research areas for the benefit of society.