- The National Service Scheme (NSS) has been operational since the inception of the Institution i.e., 2002.
- NSS works in collaboration with the various Non-profitable and Organizations offering Social Responsible Programs. We will very close with Telangana Information Technology Association (TITA), Telangana State AIDS control society (TSACS), Sahaya-CVSR and various other partners of repute.
- Since, its inception the NSS unit has been organizing various programs. Currently, there are TWO units (Unit-I and Unit-II) have been operational.
- At AGI, the Management, Staff and Students take active part in various program offerings. Anurag has about 200 active NSS volunteers.
- The NSS unit has adopted notable number of Govt. schools.
Our Motto: NOT ME BUT YOU
Objective: Personality development through communal service
NSS Student Volunteer selection Criterion:
- Should have passion towards Social Service
- Possesses good conduct and regular to academics
- Good academic track record
- Disaster Management
- Education Human Values/ Adult Education
- Aids Awareness Camp, Blood Donation,Plantation,Immunization,HIV/AIDS
- District Level Camps, State Level Camps, National Level Camps
- International Camps,NSS Adventure Training Camps
- National Level Workshop and Seminars, National Level Youth Convention
- INTERNATIONAL CAMPS
- Youth Festivals: College level, Dist.Level, Univ.Level, State Level, National Level.
Special camping programs
- Functional literacy
- Environmental protection
- Life style education
- Women development -gender justice
- Communal Harmony-National Integration
- Inter collegiate camps
- Inter University Camps
- Pre RD Camps
- RD Camps
- National Integration Camps
- Adventure Programs
- Youth Exchange Programs
- District Level youth leadership camps
- Youth Festivals
- Relief Camps (Earthquakes, Flood Relief, etc.,)
INCENTIVES TO STUDENTS:
- Special Camp certificate will be issued by the institution's NSS unit.
- Regular NSS Certificate / 240 hours Regular NSS Certificate - will be issued by the University NSS Cell for those who have participated in Regular NSS Activities for 240 hours in their academic duration and participated in two Special Camps.
- Best Volunteer Award at the institution level can be given by the institution at the end of the academic year .
- Awards & recognitions
- Reservation Quota in higher education (as per rules in force)
- Preference in recruitment of certain jobs
Mr. C. Mallesha
NSS Programme Officer
Mr. C. Mallesha, is a Asst. Professor in Dept. of Management, has been playing a key role in the NSS. He is the recipient of State Level NSS Best Program Officer Award for 2013-14, Sri Satya Sai Baba Gold Medal in 1999 by Osmania University and Indira Gandhi National Award in 2001 by Ministry Of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India. He was also a Contingent Leader for Republic Day Parade Camp - 2017, New Delhi
Mr. A. Sriram
NSS Programme Officer
Mr. Sriram A., Asst. Professor in the Dept. of Information Technology. He has been an active volunteer in NSS, Sahaya and other social programs for over 5 years. With his active participation and initiation, he made him the NSS Programme Officer for Unit - II since 2016-17.
Dr. K. S. Rao
Mr. P. Naveen
Associate Professor, Pharmacy
Mr. P. Chinna Sreenivas Rao
Associate Professor, Mechanical
Mr. Ahmed Razvi
Associate Professor, Chemical
Mr. Lalu M
Associate Professor, Electrical
Mr. B. Harish
Associate Professor, Electronics
Associate Professor, Civil
Mr. G. Kiran Kumar
Associate Professor, CSE
- Tree Plantation
- Blood Donation Camps
- Health Camps
- Awareness Programs
- Blood Donation Camp held on 21st November, 2014.
- Swachh Bharat Programme at Anurag with Drivers on 14th November, 2014.
- AUM HEALINGS SOCIETY ORGANISED CONCENTRATION AND MEDITATION TRAINING ON 14-11-2014.
- National Unity Day celebrated on October 31, 2014.
- Health Awareness Programme on Breast Cancer and Arterial & Nervous Stroke in Young Women conducted on October 18, 2014.
- Anurag NSS Organised Eco-Friendly Ganesha Environment Protection Awareness Rally on 26th August,2014 at COLLEGE CAMPUS
- Awareness programme on Anti-Corruption & Right to Information Act on 23rd August,2014.
- INTERNATIONAL YOUTH DAY -2014 on Aug 08,2014.
- ANURAG GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS NSS VOLUNTEERS ARE GOING TO PARTICIPATE IN NATIONAL YOUTH CONVENTION-2014 AT VIHE,HYDERABAD.ON 8th, 9th and 10th August 2014.
- On the occasion of 68th Independence Day celebrations National Service Scheme is organizing various competitions interested students can take part.
- NSS Blood Donation Camp on July 16, 2014.
- NSS Orientation Programme on may 24, 2014.
- World Health Day - 7th April 2014.
- International Womens Day Celebrations on March 8th, 2014.
- National Youth Policy & Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan on 21st February, 2013.
- Republic day Celebrations on 26th January 2014.
- NATIONAL VOTERS DAY CELEBRATIONS 25th January 2014, Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad, at 11:00 a.m
- SEMINAR ON LEGAL AWARENESS PROGRAMME AT ANURAG GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS on Jan-06-2014.
- NSS – Special Adventure Training Camp at WHMI Narkhanda, Distt.Shimla (HP) from 23rd December, 2013 to 1st January, 2014.
- NSS volunteer selected for Republic Day Parade to be held in New Delhi From 1st to 31st January 2014.
- Anurag Group of Institutions NSS Volunteers were to participated in Rally on the occasion of World Aids Day on 1-12-2013, at 7.30 a.m. from Nizam college grounds to Lalithakla Thoranam,Public Gardens,Hyderabad .
- The Bharat Nirman Yojana programme was organized on 16-11-2013.
- National Voluntary Blood Donation Day – 2013 Rally On 1st Oct 2013.
- ANURAG GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS IN COLLABORATION WITH IIT BOMBAY Present I-SMOKE I Support the Movement To Kill Cancer A Lung Cancer Awareness Program On 23rd & 24th September, 2013.
- Inauguration of Tenugudem Bus Stop and Orientation Programme on 24-08-2013
- 67th Independence Day
- Free Health Camp at Anurag Group of Institutions From 10th to 12th July, 2013.
- The Blood Donation Camp conducted by NSS at AGI on March 13, 2013.
- NSS Celebrated International Women's Day 2013 on March 08,2013 at Anurag Group of Institutions.
- NSS Organized Blood Group Testing Camp on 11th February,2013.
AGI NSS observed the Martyr's Day of Bapu with great sublimity on 30-01-2013. Two-minute prayer was observed in the college campus. College chairman Dr. P. Rajeshwar Reddy, Secretary/Correspondent Mrs. S. Neelima, Prof. Rama Reddy, Prof. M. Mutha Reddy, Principal, G.Vishnumurthy, HOD CSE, P. Ravinder Rao, HOD MCA, NSS Officer C Mallesha, Administrative Officer Mr Pradeep and faculty members and students of all departments were present.more info..
NSS Programme officer attended 132nd Orientation Training Programme For 7 Days At Andhrauniversity, Visakapatnam From 26-10-2012 To 1-11-2012.
Anurag Nss Volunteers Participated In United Nations Conference Of Parties (Cop 11) On Biodiversity From 24th Sep To 19th Oct 2012 In Hicc & Hitex, Hyderabad, A.P., India.
- Yuva Tarang walk conducted by Dr.C.Veerender from BHEL To Warangal.
This rally main aim for Teenagers Emotions awareness
- Friendship -- Attraction -- Love
To support this awareness rally AGI NSS volunteers participated from Jodimetla to Ghatkesar which is inaugurated by Prof. M.Muthareddy Principal AGI and Organized by NSS PO C.Mallesha
NSS organized a seminar on ‘prevention of suicides’ on the occasion of the world suicide prevention day on 10th sept2012 for the MBA and MCA students . the Guest speaker Mr.M.Srinivas Rao,Academic Coordinator, brought awareness over the importance of beautiful life. he suggested students to think positive. he also informed the students to contact the roshini help line 040 66661117/8 if needed.Mr.Mallesh NSS program officer made the students to pledge that they will not end their life till the natural death. Dr.Sabitha., Head,MBA and faculties of English & MBA dept participated in the event.
Organized Summer Special camp at Venkatapur village for 7 days with NSS volunteers from MBA and MCA from 6th to 12th March 2012, The camp was inaugurated by Radhakishan Rao ,Asst. Commissioner of Police (ACP), Malkajgiri and the following activities were conducted:
- Socio economic survey
- Sramadan (white wash to Grampanchayeth Office)
- Awareness rally
- Eye camp (Free checkup and Optical donation)
- Women’s day celebrations (Seminars to villagers on women rights and importance of women).
- We identified the village necessity i.e. “Cycle Rickshaw”, the college management donated the cycle rickshaw.
Organized Blood Donation program and donated 324 units of blood to MNJ cancer Hospital and Himabindu trust on 3rd February 2012.
Celebrated National youth day on 12th January 2012 on the occasion of 150th Birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, on this occasion the following events were conducted.
- Poster presentation
- Pencial art
- Motivation Quotation.
Organized Orientation Program for NSS volunteers for newly enrolled 851 and Flag Day of the National Foundation for communal Harmony From 19th to 25th November-2011.
Organized Orientation Program for NSS volunteers for newly enrolled 851 students from all the departments on 19th Nov-2011 by Dr.M.Shankaraiah Ex-State Liaison Officer (SLO) NSS.
annual day nss students
Earth day at infosys
Action Plan 2014-2015
To get the NSS Volunteers acquainted with the philosophy, history, aims and objectives of NSS, 20 hours are dedicated to orientation program through lectures, discussions, audio-visuals etc.
Environment Enrichment programs.
- Plantation of trees, their preservation and upkeep (each NSS Unit should plant and protect at least 100 saplings in and around the campus and in the adopted places)
- Creation of NSS parks/gardens, Vegetable gardens and Medicinal gardens.
- Anti – plastic campaigns – eco friendly Bag making unit.
- Fodder - cultivation program.
- Chlorination of village ponds and wells.
- Vermi-compost project in each unit. Popularization and construction of Gobar Gas Plants-use of non-conventional energy.
- Waste Management program – Land, Air & Water Pollution.
- Rainwater harvesting.
- Smokeless choolas in Rural Houses.
Health Awareness Programmes:
- Anti – Drug Campaign.
- First – Aid Training Programme
- Paliative care Units
- Blood – Donation Drive.
- AIDS Awareness Programme.
- Healthy Food Habits.
- Healthy Life Style.
- Legal Literacy programme
- Computer Literacy programme
- Consumer Awareness Programme
- Human Rights Awareness Programme
- Career Guidance Programme.
- Traffic Awareness Programme.
- Value Education Programme.
- Communicative Skill – English.
- Personality Development & Leadership Programme.
- Stress Management Programme.
- Effective Parenting.
- Energy Conservation Programme.
Women Empowerment Programmes
- Programmes of educating people and making them aware of women’s rights, both Constitutional and legal.
- Creating consciousness among women that they too contribute to economic and social well being of the community.
- Creating awareness among women that there is no occupation or vocation which is not open to them.
- Imparting training to women in sewing, embroidery, knitting and other skills whereever possible.
Social Service Programmes
- Work in institutions meant for physically and mentally handicapped.
- Organising blood donation camps and eye-pledge programmes.
- Work in Orphanages, homes for the aged etc.
- Work in welfare organisations of women.
- Prevention of slums through social education and community action.
- Programmes for making villages self sufficient.
- Soap making units, Paper carrybag making unit, tailoring unit
Production Oriented Programmes
- Working with people and explaining and teaching of improved agricultural practices.
- Soil testing, soil health care and soil conservation.
- Assistance in repair of agricultural machinery.
- Work for the promotion and strengthening of co-operative societies in villages.
- Assistance and guidance in poultry farming, animal husbandry, care of animal health, etc.
- Popularization of small savings.
- Assistance in procuring bank loans.
- Volunteer exchange programme in Special Camps.
- Regular activities in the adopted villages according to action plan.
- Collaborative research on social issues.
- Pooling of selected units activities in the University level adopted region.
- Seven days special camps during summer and winter season.
- Besides this a separate theme will be adopted for the NSS activities in the Campuses : ‘Cleanliness through Homes’ – An Environmental Awarness Programme.
- Water shed Management.
- Tribal village development
Relief & Rehabilitation work during Natural calamities
- Care and Share Project.
- Disaster Management Programme - Assisting the authorities at the time of natural disasters and calamity.
- Miss a Meal Project.
Creation of Durable Assets
Home for the Homeless
Libraries in adopted places, hospitals, jails etc.
Construction of sanitary latrines.
Observation of Important Days
- National Youth Day 12th January
- Republic Day 26th January
- Martyr’s Day 30th January
- International Women’s Day 8th March
- World Health Day 7th April
- Anti-Terrorism Day 21st May
- World No Tobacco Day 31st May
- World Environment Day 5th June
- World Population Day 1st July
- Independence Day 15th August
- Sadhbhavana Day 20th August
- International Literacy Day 8th September
- International Peace Day 15th September
- NSS Day 24th September
- National Blood Donation Day 1st October
- World Non-violence Day 2nd October
- National Integration Day 19th November
- World AIDS Day 1st December
- World Human Rights Day 10th December
- National Youth Week 12 – 19 January
- Van Mahotsava Week 1 – 7 July
- International Literacy Week 8 – 14 July
- Quami Ekta Week 19 – 25 November